From: Don Ng on
Is it possible to create a GUI in which navigates between seperate
GUIs? Eg. I have a content page with push buttons to seperate topics.
What I want to do is when i click on a button the gui for the
selected topic will be called out.
Thanks
From: Fran�ois Bouffard on
> Is it possible to create a GUI in which navigates between seperate
> GUIs? Eg. I have a content page with push buttons to seperate
> topics.
> What I want to do is when i click on a button the gui for the
> selected topic will be called out.
> Thanks

Yes, it is possible, and since your application is quite simple,
implementing it is really easy. Simply use the name of the "sub-GUIs"
as the callback for each button.

Transferring data back an forth between separate GUIs involve more
work, however.

Franýois
From: Don Ng on
Thanks a lot
From: Don Ng on
Don Ng wrote:

> Thanks a lot

Are there any sample programs or links which i can learn more on this?
From: Arun Sreekantham on
Don Ng wrote:

> Don Ng wrote:
>>

>> Thanks a lot
>
> Are there any sample programs or links which i can learn more on
> this?

When I was looking for documentation about this MathWorks didn't
really have any good ones. But it's quite simple as stated in the
earlier post. In the callback for the pushbutton just call the other
sub-gui. You just have to remember that the 'handles' structure is
kept in each gui's own and separate workspace. So if you would like
access to any of one gui's variables in another gui, you need to save
it to a structure and pass the structure, or have the information in
a UIcontrol. Then you can get the information in another gui by
using the 'findobj' or 'findall' commands. Remember to NEVER pass
the 'handles' structure to another gui.

arun