From: Justin P. Mattock on
On 02/12/10 14:24, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:49:33 -0800 (PST) Linus Torvalds<torvalds(a)linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>>
>> I think this is going to be the last -rc of the series, so please do test
>> it out. A number of regressions should be fixed, and while the regression
>> list doesn't make me _happy_, we didn't have the kind of nasty things that
>> went on before -rc7 and made me worried.
>
> Well, if http://neuling.org/linux-next-linus.png is anything to go by, we
> should be having a very quiet 2.6.34 merge window, so there will be lots
> of time for fixing any left over mess. :-)

working on bugs over here
(although walking away from
the screen is healthy).

As for the png. If I was an investor
this looks almost like all of the
pickings in the market(defiantly
can see a recession).

In any case hope people work on these
bugs.. I will be.

Justin P. Mattock

From: Geert Uytterhoeven on
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 23:24, Stephen Rothwell <sfr(a)canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:49:33 -0800 (PST) Linus Torvalds <torvalds(a)linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>>
>> I think this is going to be the last -rc of the series, so please do test
>> it out. A number of regressions should be fixed, and while the regression
>> list doesn't make me _happy_, we didn't have the kind of nasty things that
>> went on before -rc7 and made me worried.
>
> Well, if http://neuling.org/linux-next-linus.png is anything to go by, we
> should be having a very quiet 2.6.34 merge window, so there will be lots
> of time for fixing any left over mess. :-)

Interestingly, there's also a dip around 2.6.27, which was chosen as a
longer term stable release...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- geert(a)linux-m68k.org

-- Linus Torvalds
From: Stephen Rothwell on
Hi Geert,

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 10:16:16 +0100 Geert Uytterhoeven <geert(a)linux-m68k.org> wrote:

> Interestingly, there's also a dip around 2.6.27, which was chosen as a
> longer term stable release...

At the time of 2.6.27 I was in the middle of three weeks leave (and
linux-next was not being produced), so that could be an alternate
explanation :-)

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr(a)canb.auug.org.au