From: Linus Torvalds on

I think this is going to be the last -rc of the series, so please do test
it out. A number of regressions should be fixed, and while the regression
list doesn't make me _happy_, we didn't have the kind of nasty things that
went on before -rc7 and made me worried.

Some of the highlights inclure a netfilter/namespace bugfix, which
apparently got visibility now that a number of distributions seem to have
turned on the network namespace code. And more KMS regression fixes for
all the usual suspects - intel, nouveau, radeon (hopefully not causing
anything new).

The rest is random stuff all over. Mostly one-liners, except for a
defconfig update for mips (that also show up in the dirstat).

Linus

---
17.3% arch/mips/configs/
17.8% arch/mips/
22.9% arch/
2.4% drivers/char/tpm/
2.5% drivers/char/
13.7% drivers/gpu/drm/i915/
11.4% drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/
3.9% drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/
2.0% drivers/gpu/drm/vmwgfx/
31.1% drivers/gpu/drm/
31.2% drivers/gpu/
43.0% drivers/
6.3% fs/ocfs2/dlm/
12.7% fs/ocfs2/
18.4% fs/
3.9% net/netfilter/
9.0% net/
3.4% security/integrity/ima/
3.4% security/

---
Aaro Koskinen (1):
OMAP: hsmmc: fix memory leak

Abhijith Das (1):
GFS2: Fix error code

Al Viro (3):
befs: fix leak
Take ima_path_check() in nfsd past dentry_open() in nfsd_open()
Take ima_file_free() to proper place.

Alexander Duyck (1):
igb: make certain to reassign legacy interrupt vectors after reset

Alexey Dobriyan (4):
af_key: fix netns ops ordering on module load/unload
netlink: fix for too early rmmod
netfilter: nf_conntrack: restrict runtime expect hashsize modifications
netfilter: xtables: compat out of scope fix

Amit Kumar Salecha (2):
netxen: fix tx timeout recovery for NX2031 chip
netxen: protect resource cleanup by rtnl lock

Anatolij Gustschin (1):
dmaengine: fix memleak in dma_async_device_unregister

Andreas Schwab (1):
compat_ioctl: add compat handler for TIOCGSID ioctl

Andy Getzendanner (1):
vgaarb: fix incorrect dereference of userspace pointer.

Andy Shevchenko (1):
x86, doc: Fix minor spelling error in arch/x86/mm/gup.c

Aneesh Kumar K.V (1):
9p: Fix the kernel crash on a failed mount

Anirban Chakraborty (1):
[SCSI] qla2xxx: Obtain proper host structure during response-queue processing.

Anton Blanchard (1):
ixgbe: Fix ixgbe_tx_map error path

Arnd Bergmann (1):
compat_ioctl: ignore RAID_VERSION ioctl

Ben Skeggs (5):
drm/nouveau: fix non-vram notifier blocks
drm/nv40: make INIT_COMPUTE_MEM a NOP, just like nv50
drm/nouveau: make dp auxch xfer len check for reads only
drm/nv50: prevent multiple init tables being parsed at the same time
drm/nv50: disregard dac outputs in nv50_sor_dpms()

Borislav Petkov (1):
amd64_edac: Do not falsely trigger kerneloops

Chris Wilson (1):
drm/i915: Increase fb alignment to 64k

Dan Williams (1):
ioat: fix infinite timeout checking in ioat2_quiesce

Daniel Vetter (1):
drm/i915: Update write_domains on active list after flush.

Dave Airlie (5):
drm/radeon/kms: change Kconfig text to reflect the new option.
drm/radeon/kms: don't crash if no DDC bus on VGA/DVI connector.
drm/radeon/kms: add quirk for VGA without DDC on rv730 XFX card.
drm/radeon/kms: fix screen clearing before fbcon.
drm/radeon/kms: retry auxch on 0x20 timeout value.

David Daney (2):
MIPS: Fix __devinit __cpuinit confusion in cpu_cache_init
MIPS: Don't probe reserved EntryHi bits.

David Gibson (1):
powerpc: Fix address masking bug in hpte_need_flush()

David S. Miller (2):
sparc: Align clone and signal stacks to 16 bytes.
sparc32: Fix thinko in previous change.

Divy Le Ray (1):
cxgb3: fix GRO checksum check

Dmitry Torokhov (1):
Input: psmouse - make sure we don't schedule reconnects after cleanup

Eric Dumazet (2):
netfilter: nf_conntrack: per netns nf_conntrack_cachep
dst: call cond_resched() in dst_gc_task()

Eric Paris (1):
ima: initialize ima before inodes can be allocated

Eric Van Hensbergen (6):
net/9p: fix virtio transport to correctly update status on connect
net/9p: fail when user specifies a transport which we can't find
net/9p: fix statsize inside twstat
9p: fix option parsing
9p: fix memory leak in v9fs_parse_options()
9p: fix p9_client_destroy unconditional calling v9fs_put_trans

FUJITA Tomonori (2):
x86/agp: Fix amd64-agp module initialization regression
[SCSI] compat_ioct: fix bsg SG_IO

Francesco Lavra (1):
V4L/DVB: dvb-core: fix initialization of feeds list in demux filter

Francisco Jerez (1):
drm/nouveau: Fixup semaphores on pre-nv50 cards.

Gerrit Renker (2):
dccp: fix bug in cache allocation
dccp: fix auto-loading of dccp(_probe)

Guennadi Liakhovetski (1):
async-tx: fix buffer submission error handling in ipu_idma.c

Hans-Christian Egtvedt (1):
avr32: clean up memory allocation in at32_add_device_mci

Heiko Carstens (1):
[S390] Fix struct _lowcore layout.

J. Bruce Fields (1):
Revert "nfsd4: fix error return when pseudoroot missing"

Jakob Bornecrantz (2):
drm/vmwgfx: Report propper framebuffer_{max|min}_{width|height}
drm/vmwgfx: Drop scanout flag compat and add execbuf ioctl parameter members. Bumps major.

Jan Glauber (1):
[S390] qdio: prevent call trace if CHPID is offline

Jan Luebbe (1):
net/sched: Fix module name in Kconfig

Jason Wang (2):
Export the symbol of getboottime and mmonotonic_to_bootbased
kvmclock: count total_sleep_time when updating guest clock

Jean Delvare (1):
i2c-tiny-usb: Fix on big-endian systems

Jeff Layton (2):
cifs: fix length calculation for converted unicode readdir names
cifs: fix dentry hash calculation for case-insensitive mounts

Jesse Barnes (3):
drm/i915: handle FBC and self-refresh better
drm/i915: untangle page flip completion
drm/i915: hold ref on flip object until it completes

Jody Bruchon (1):
ALSA: hda-intel: Avoid divide by zero crash

Joe Perches (1):
MAINTAINERS: networking drivers - Add git net-next tree

Johan Kristell (1):
mmc_test: block addressed cards

Julia Lawall (4):
drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/nouveau_grctx.c: correct NULL test
drivers/net: Correct NULL test
drivers/dma: Correct NULL test
MIPS: SNI: Correct NULL test

Jun'ichi Nomura (1):
freeze_bdev: don't deactivate successfully frozen MS_RDONLY sb

Kashyap, Desai (1):
[SCSI] mptfusion : mptscsih_abort return value should be SUCCESS instead of value 0.

Krishna Kumar (1):
ixgbe: Fix return of invalid txq

Kyle McMartin (1):
parisc: fix tracing of signals

Linus Torvalds (2):
Fix race in tty_fasync() properly
Linux 2.6.33-rc8

Luca Barbieri (1):
drm/nouveau: call ttm_bo_wait with the bo lock held to prevent hang

M. Mohan Kumar (1):
9p: Include fsync support for 9p client

Maarten Maathuis (4):
drm/nv50: align size of buffer object to the right boundaries.
drm/nv50: avoid unloading pgraph context when ctxprog is running
drm/nv50: delete ramfc object after disabling fifo, not before
drm/nv50: make the pgraph irq handler loop like the pre-nv50 version

Marcel Holtmann (1):
Bluetooth: Fix sleeping function in RFCOMM within invalid context

Marcel Selhorst (1):
tpm_infineon: fix suspend/resume handler for pnp_driver

Marcelo Tosatti (1):
KVM: PIT: control word is write-only

Marcin Ko�cielnicki (4):
drm/nouveau: Add module options to disable acceleration.
drm/nouveau: Add getparam to get available PGRAPH units.
drm/nouveau: Fix fbcon on mixed pre-NV50 + NV50 multicard.
drm/nouveau: Add proper vgaarb support.

Marcin Slusarz (1):
drm/nouveau: move dereferences after null checks

Mark Brown (2):
wm97xx_battery: Handle missing platform data gracefully
regulator: Fix display of null constraints for regulators

Mark Nelson (1):
powerpc/pseries: Fix kexec regression caused by CPPR tracking

Matt Fleming (4):
sh: Correct the offset of the return address in ret_from_exception
sh: Setup frame pointer in handle_exception path
sh: Don't continue unwinding across interrupts
sh: Remove superfluous setup_frame_reg call

Matthew Garrett (1):
nouveau: fix state detection with switchable graphics

Mauro Carvalho Chehab (2):
V4L/DVB: Fix the risk of an oops at dvb_dmx_release
V4L/DVB: dvb_demux: Don't use vmalloc at dvb_dmx_swfilter_packet

Michael Neuling (1):
fs/exec.c: restrict initial stack space expansion to rlimit

Michael Poole (1):
Bluetooth: Keep a copy of each HID device's report descriptor

Michal Simek (1):
microblaze: Invalidate dcache before enabling it

Mike Frysinger (1):
[CPUFREQ] fix default value for ondemand governor

Mimi Zohar (3):
fix ima breakage
ima: rename ima_path_check to ima_file_check
ima: rename PATH_CHECK to FILE_CHECK

Nagananda.Chumbalkar(a)hp.com (1):
[CPUFREQ] Fix ondemand to not request targets outside policy limits

NeilBrown (2):
md: fix 'degraded' calculation when starting a reshape.
md: fix some lockdep issues between md and sysfs.

Nick Pelly (3):
Bluetooth: Fallback eSCO to SCO on error 0x1a (Unsupported Remote Feature)
Bluetooth: Do not call rfcomm_session_put() for RFCOMM UA on closed socket
Bluetooth: Enter active mode before establishing a SCO link.

OGAWA Hirofumi (1):
ocfs2: Fix refcnt leak on ocfs2_fast_follow_link() error path

Owain Ainsworth (1):
drm/i915: Correctly return -ENOMEM on allocation failure in cmdbuf ioctls.

Patrick McHardy (2):
netfilter: nf_conntrack: fix memory corruption with multiple namespaces
netfilter: nf_conntrack: fix hash resizing with namespaces

Paul Mundt (2):
usb: r8a66597-hcd: Flush the D-cache for the pipe-in transfer buffers.
usb: r8a66597-hcd: Fix up spinlock recursion in root hub polling.

Pauli Nieminen (1):
drm/radeon: Skip dma copy test in benchmark if card doesn't have dma engine.

Peter Huewe (1):
arch/avr32: Fix build failure for avr32 caused by typo

Peter Tyser (2):
edac: mpc85xx fix bad page calculation
edac: mpc85xx fix build regression by removing unused debug code

Rafael J. Wysocki (2):
pktgen: Fix freezing problem
drm/i915: Fix crash while aborting hibernation

Rafa� Mi�ecki (1):
drm/radeon/kms: suspend and resume audio stuff

Ralf Baechle (1):
MIPS: IP27: Make defconfig useful again.

Rishikesh (1):
MAINTAINERS: changed LTP maintainership responsibilities

Roel Kluin (2):
ocfs2: Fix contiguousness check in ocfs2_try_to_merge_extent_map()
regulator/lp3971: vol_map out of bounds in lp3971_{ldo,dcdc}_set_voltage()

Sean Hefty (1):
RDMA/cm: Revert association of an RDMA device when binding to loopback

Serge E. Hallyn (1):
x86-32: Make AT_VECTOR_SIZE_ARCH=2

Shaohua Li (1):
cfq-iosched: split seeky coop queues after one slice

Stephen M. Cameron (1):
cciss: Make cciss_seq_show handle holes in the h->drv[] array

Steve French (3):
[CIFS] Add support for TCP_NODELAY
[CIFS] Maximum username length check in session setup does not match
[CIFS] Don't cache timestamps on utimes due to coarse granularity

Steven Whitehouse (1):
GFS2: Fix bmap allocation corner-case bug

Sunil Mushran (11):
ocfs2/trivial: Remove trailing whitespaces
ocfs2/dlm: Ignore LVBs of locks in the Blocked list
ocfs2/dlm: Print more messages during lock migration
ocfs2/dlm: Handle EAGAIN for compatibility - v2
ocfs2: Prevent a livelock in dlmglue
ocfs2: Do not downconvert if the lock level is already compatible
ocfs2: Remove overzealous BUG_ON during blocked lock processing
ocfs2: Plugs race between the dc thread and an unlock ast message
ocfs2/dlm: Remove BUG_ON in dlm recovery when freeing locks of a dead node
ocfs2/dlm: Fix printing of lockname
ocfs2/cluster: Make o2net connect messages KERN_NOTICE

Suresh Siddha (1):
x86, apic: Don't use logical-flat mode when CPU hotplug may exceed 8 CPUs

Swen Schillig (1):
[SCSI] zfcp: Report FC BSG errors in correct field

Takashi Iwai (1):
ALSA: hda - use WARN_ON_ONCE() for zero-division detection

Tao Ma (5):
ocfs2: Sync max_inline_data_with_xattr from tools.
ocfs2: Fix memory overflow in cow_by_page.
ocfs2: Only bug out when page size is larger than cluster size.
ocfs2: Add parenthesis to wrap the check for O_DIRECT.
ocfs2: Use compat_ptr in reflink_arguments.

Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo (2):
irda: unbalanced lock_kernel in irnet_ppp
irda: add missing BKL in irnet_ppp ioctl

Thomas Hellstrom (2):
drm/vmwgfx: Update the user-space interface.
drm/vmwgfx: Fix a circular locking dependency bug.

Thomas Renninger (1):
[CPUFREQ] Fix use after free of struct powernow_k8_data

Trond Myklebust (3):
NFS: Fix a bug in nfs_fscache_release_page()
NFS: Remove a redundant check for PageFsCache in nfs_migrate_page()
NFS: Fix the mapping of the NFSERR_SERVERFAULT error

Ursula Braun (1):
[S390] qdio: continue polling for buffer state ERROR

Wengang Wang (2):
ocfs2: fix a misleading variable name
ocfs2: Fix setting of OCFS2_LOCK_BLOCKED during bast

Wu Zhangjin (1):
MIPS: Fixup of the r4k timer

Xiaotian Feng (1):
[SCSI] qla2xxx: make msix interrupt handler safe for irq

Yoichi Yuasa (1):
Bluetooth: Fix memory leak in Marvell BT-over-SDIO driver

Yong Zhang (1):
dmaengine: correct onstack wait_queue_head declaration

Zhenyu Wang (3):
drm/i915: Rework DPLL calculation parameters for Ironlake
drm/i915: fix flip done interrupt on Ironlake
drm/i915: fix pipe source image setting in flip command

stephen hemminger (1):
sky2: fix transmit DMA map leakage
From: Thomas Backlund on
12.02.2010 21:49, Linus Torvalds skrev:

> I think this is going to be the last -rc of the series, so please do test
> it out. A number of regressions should be fixed, and while the regression
> list doesn't make me _happy_, we didn't have the kind of nasty things that
> went on before -rc7 and made me worried.
>
> Some of the highlights inclure a netfilter/namespace bugfix, which
> apparently got visibility now that a number of distributions seem to have
> turned on the network namespace code. And more KMS regression fixes for
> all the usual suspects - intel, nouveau, radeon (hopefully not causing
> anything new).
>
> The rest is random stuff all over. Mostly one-liners, except for a
> defconfig update for mips (that also show up in the dirstat).
>
> Linus

Has the mirroring broken down ?

last thing I get out of git is:

commit 676ad585531e965416fd958747894541dabcec96
Merge: ffaa60d cab4d27
Author: Linus Torvalds <torvalds(a)linux-foundation.org>
Date: Thu Feb 11 14:07:13 2010 -0800

Merge branch 'for-linus' of
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bp/bp

* 'for-linus' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bp/bp:
amd64_edac: Do not falsely trigger kerneloops

And the same thing is shown on:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=summary

I'm in Finland, so I assume the European mirrors are responding,
but trying to use master.kernel.org or git.us.kernel.org shows the same...

--
Thomas
From: Paul Rolland on
Hello,

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 22:11:04 +0200
Thomas Backlund <tmb(a)mandriva.org> wrote:

> 12.02.2010 21:49, Linus Torvalds skrev:
> >
> > I think this is going to be the last -rc of the series, so please do
> > test it out. A number of regressions should be fixed, and while the
> > regression list doesn't make me _happy_, we didn't have the kind of
> > nasty things that went on before -rc7 and made me worried.
> >
> Has the mirroring broken down ?

-ECANTDOWNLOAD

+1 from France using ftp.kernel.org :
ftp> dir linux-2.6.33-rc7*
227 Entering Passive Mode (199,6,1,164,158,19).
150 Here comes the directory listing.
-rw-rw-r-- 1 536 536 66191954 Feb 06 22:27 linux-2.6.33-rc7.tar.bz2
-rw-rw-r-- 1 536 536 248 Feb 06 22:27 linux-2.6.33-rc7.tar.bz2.sign
-rw-rw-r-- 1 536 536 84523618 Feb 06 22:27 linux-2.6.33-rc7.tar.gz
-rw-rw-r-- 1 536 536 248 Feb 06 22:27 linux-2.6.33-rc7.tar.gz.sign
-rw-rw-r-- 1 536 536 248 Feb 06 22:27 linux-2.6.33-rc7.tar.sign
226 Directory send OK.
ftp> dir linux-2.6.33-rc8*
227 Entering Passive Mode (199,6,1,164,203,16).
150 Here comes the directory listing.
226 Directory send OK.
ftp> quit

and www.kernel.org doesn't contain reference to -rc8 yet.

Paul

From: Thomas Backlund on
12.02.2010 22:26, Paul Rolland skrev:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 22:11:04 +0200
> Thomas Backlund<tmb(a)mandriva.org> wrote:
>
>> 12.02.2010 21:49, Linus Torvalds skrev:
>>>
>>> I think this is going to be the last -rc of the series, so please do
>>> test it out. A number of regressions should be fixed, and while the
>>> regression list doesn't make me _happy_, we didn't have the kind of
>>> nasty things that went on before -rc7 and made me worried.
>>>
>> Has the mirroring broken down ?
>
> -ECANTDOWNLOAD
>
> +1 from France using ftp.kernel.org :
> ftp> dir linux-2.6.33-rc7*
> 227 Entering Passive Mode (199,6,1,164,158,19).
> 150 Here comes the directory listing.
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 536 536 66191954 Feb 06 22:27 linux-2.6.33-rc7.tar.bz2
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 536 536 248 Feb 06 22:27 linux-2.6.33-rc7.tar.bz2.sign
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 536 536 84523618 Feb 06 22:27 linux-2.6.33-rc7.tar.gz
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 536 536 248 Feb 06 22:27 linux-2.6.33-rc7.tar.gz.sign
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 536 536 248 Feb 06 22:27 linux-2.6.33-rc7.tar.sign
> 226 Directory send OK.
> ftp> dir linux-2.6.33-rc8*
> 227 Entering Passive Mode (199,6,1,164,203,16).
> 150 Here comes the directory listing.
> 226 Directory send OK.
> ftp> quit
>
> and www.kernel.org doesn't contain reference to -rc8 yet.

I _know_ that, that's why I ask !

Point is that I see -rc8 on git changelog on gmane,
but not on git.kernel.org, git.us.kernel.org, or ...

This has never happend before...
I usually see the -rcX tag on git.kernel.org _before_ Linus announces
this...

So I ask if the mirroring has broken for some reason...
For example the tests with XZ migration ...

--
Thomas
From: Stephen Rothwell on
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:49:33 -0800 (PST) Linus Torvalds <torvalds(a)linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> I think this is going to be the last -rc of the series, so please do test
> it out. A number of regressions should be fixed, and while the regression
> list doesn't make me _happy_, we didn't have the kind of nasty things that
> went on before -rc7 and made me worried.

Well, if http://neuling.org/linux-next-linus.png is anything to go by, we
should be having a very quiet 2.6.34 merge window, so there will be lots
of time for fixing any left over mess. :-)

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr(a)canb.auug.org.au