From: Ashley Sheridan on
I don't normally need an ERD, but this latest project I'm on has some
pretty complex database tables, and as I'm working with someone else on
it, I need to plan out exactly how all the tables relate to each other
properly. Do any of you have any suggestions for ERD software that will
run on Linux. It can't be web-based (unless it's something I can run
easily on my own local server) as I won't have access to the Internet
all the time I'm working on this.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: "O. Lavell" on
Ashley Sheridan wrote:

> I don't normally need an ERD, but this latest project I'm on has some
> pretty complex database tables, and as I'm working with someone else on
> it, I need to plan out exactly how all the tables relate to each other
> properly. Do any of you have any suggestions for ERD software that will
> run on Linux. It can't be web-based (unless it's something I can run
> easily on my own local server) as I won't have access to the Internet
> all the time I'm working on this.

MySQL Workbench, Azzurri Clay.

From: Bastien Koert on
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 7:26 AM, Ashley Sheridan
<ash(a)ashleysheridan.co.uk> wrote:
> I don't normally need an ERD, but this latest project I'm on has some
> pretty complex database tables, and as I'm working with someone else on
> it, I need to plan out exactly how all the tables relate to each other
> properly. Do any of you have any suggestions for ERD software that will
> run on Linux. It can't be web-based (unless it's something I can run
> easily on my own local server) as I won't have access to the Internet
> all the time I'm working on this.
>
> Thanks,
> Ash
> http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

Yep, Mysql Workbench is pretty darn good

--

Bastien

Cat, the other other white meat
From: haliphax on
Dia is also a superb diagramming software, though I don't think it generates
any SQL for you when it's said and done. There are versions for several
operating systems (including Linux AND Windows).

// Todd
From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 11:28 -0600, haliphax wrote:

> Dia is also a superb diagramming software, though I don't think it generates
> any SQL for you when it's said and done. There are versions for several
> operating systems (including Linux AND Windows).
>

> // Todd

Cool thanks all. I had a look at dia, and it seemed more geared to
electronic diagrams than database ones (although I didn't play with it
for too long).

I just drew them in the end in OOo, but I'm going to take a look at
MySQL Workbench when I get some time, but this project is already in
danger of falling behind schedule :(