From: King Beowulf on
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:06:40 -0500, Kevin the Drummer wrote:

> I know that I can build a NAS for Linux. But, I wonder if any of the
> pre-built NAS units on the market are usable right out of the box? I'm
> looking for something appropriate in size and price for a moderate sized
> home network with 6 computers and 700GB of music (by the time I get done
> ripping my collection).
>
> Thanks....

You may want to check out http://www.drobo.com/products/drobo-fs.php

I'm drooling to get one but my wife will beat me....

Currently, I am using a 500GB USB2 drive plugged into my Netgear WNDR3700
router. This works ok via SAMBA, ftp and www access (so my Slackware,
Windows and Mac boxes can all access it) but, although its "linux"
inside, there is no NFS availible.