From: Kaz Kylheku on
On 2009-12-13, francogrex <franco(a)grex.org> wrote:
> Mirko <mirko.vukovic(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:0789e9cd-4369-4a41-8a42-
> 8567d1af46c3(a)a32g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:
>> The authors of recent lisp books need to think more about the books'
>> titles. Look at these two:
>>
>> - Let over Lambda (own it)
>> - Land of Lisp (will try to get it)
>>
>> What do they have in common? The same acronym as `lots of laughs':
>> LOL.
>
> It's good that you have observed that. though I doubt the authors of the
> book had bad intentions, they probably didn't even realize.

See, that's a problem, What sort of Lisper, nay hacker, doesn't notice
the acronym formed by a book title? :)
From: Alberto Riva on
francogrex wrote:
> Mirko <mirko.vukovic(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:0789e9cd-4369-4a41-8a42-
> 8567d1af46c3(a)a32g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:
>> The authors of recent lisp books need to think more about the books'
>> titles. Look at these two:
>>
>> - Let over Lambda (own it)
>> - Land of Lisp (will try to get it)
>>
>> What do they have in common? The same acronym as `lots of laughs':
>> LOL.
>
> It's good that you have observed that.

For which definition of "good"?

Alb
From: Rahul Jain on
Mirko <mirko.vukovic(a)gmail.com> writes:

> I mean who will take language seriously thusly titled books? How can
> I tell anyone that I like lisp. They will go online, see these books,
> and just laugh.

With Let over Lambda, at least, anyone who knows lisp and reads the book
will laugh... ok maybe cry...

--
Rahul Jain
rjain(a)nyct.net
From: Rahul Jain on
Mirko <mirko.vukovic(a)gmail.com> writes:

> This thread made me realize that I should drop `comedian' as career
> plan B for now.

Didn't stop Kenny. Why should it stop you?

Hi Kenny. :D

From: gavino on
On Dec 12, 6:07 am, Mirko <mirko.vuko...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> The authors of recent lisp books need to think more about the books'
> titles.  Look at these two:
>
>  - Let over Lambda (own it)
>  - Land of Lisp (will try to get it)
>
> What do they have in common?  The same acronym as `lots of laughs':
> LOL.
>
> I mean who will take language seriously thusly titled books?  How can
> I tell anyone that I like lisp.  They will go online, see these books,
> and just laugh.
>
> Nevertheless, congrats to the authors,
>
> Mirko

you must be a J2EE user!