From: Warman on
I have a combo box that is based on a table. The three fields that are
selected should generate a listbox based on a query. The query filters the
the selection.

I can't get any info in the list box. The query works and the listbox
contains the column names but no records.

Am I not using the right fields for the query or not doing a refresh?? I am
lost - been at this for several hours - read all the posts - I know it should
be simple.

Thanks :(
From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
Warman wrote:
>I have a combo box that is based on a table. The three fields that are
>selected should generate a listbox based on a query. The query filters the
>the selection.
>
>I can't get any info in the list box. The query works and the listbox
>contains the column names but no records.
>
>Am I not using the right fields for the query or not doing a refresh?? I am
>lost - been at this for several hours - read all the posts - I know it should
>be simple.
>
>Thanks :(

Post your code. If all you're doing is trying to filter the contents of the
listbox at runtime, then you should be able to use this:
http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0028.htm

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 17:19:01 -0700, Warman <Warman(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a combo box that is based on a table. The three fields that are
>selected should generate a listbox based on a query. The query filters the
>the selection.
>
>I can't get any info in the list box. The query works and the listbox
>contains the column names but no records.
>
>Am I not using the right fields for the query or not doing a refresh?? I am
>lost - been at this for several hours - read all the posts - I know it should
>be simple.
>
>Thanks :(

A combo box will not "generate" a listbox. Your question is unclear; what is
the SQL view of the query? What are the RowSources of the combo and the
listbox? How are you selecting "three fields" from a combo (since a combo can
have only one value)? Do you have any VBA code or macros (e.g. requerying the
listbox in the combo's afterupdate event)?
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]