From: m galvin on
I had posted this under "Access Reports" in error and received a response and
responded. Please follow the dialog for an explaination of my question:

Original Question:
I have a form with the fields: date, client, atty, time, billable and
description. All these fields update the Time Sheet Table.

I want the atty field to automatically take the attorney's name from the
table Attorney which contains one field called Atty.

So for I can only figure out how to use a combo box to chose the Attorney
table field.

Response Received:
Your combo box to select the atty value can be set to display the atty, the
name, or both based on the Row Source, Column Count, and Column Widths. You
only want to store the atty field.

Response to Response:
I do that now. I want to eliminate the combo box. I want the control to
show the atty's initials without having to use a combo box. Example: when
the user opens the form the would see: Date: blank box, Client: blank
box, Atty: DH (using your initials for this example), Time: blank box,
and the user would input the info. The initials (DH) displayed in the Atty
control I am trying to use the source Attorney Table, Atty Field in the
Table. I can not figure out how to do this. With the combo box I am using
now the user selects the atty's initials from the drop down list. In this
case the list would list only one set of initials, DH, which is the only
atty stored in the Attorney Table.
Is there a solution?

From: Douglas J. Steele on
Create a query that joins your Time Sheet table to your Attorney table and
use that query as the recordsource for your form.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele