From: Shaun on
Hi,

I am trying to add the following functionality:

- I have a ListView with a few columns that is in Detail view with single
row select enabled. I have added the ability for the user to tap on one of
the rows in the ListView to open up a new Form containing the details of the
item that was tapped. I also need to have a ContextMenu to popup when the
user performs a tap & hold on one of the rows.

I have implemented the SelectedIndexChanged handler to detect when the user
selects a row and open up a Form with the appropriate information. I have
also ascribed a ContextMenu to the ListView. The ContextMenu appears fine if
I tap & hold in the whitespace area of the ListView, however when I perform a
tap & hold on one of the rows, the SelectedIndexChanged routine fires before
the tap & hold support. I have tried various methods to get around this,
including changing the Activation method for row selection/activation, etc.
I then tried to author my own custom ListView control that captured the
MouseDown event, however this event never seems to fire no matter where I tap
the stylus.

Can anyone please help me out with this issue and possibly point me in the
direction of a code example or something similar. Any help with this issue
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Shaun
From: Rick Spiewak on
Try using OneClick activation, and the ItemActivated event instead of
SelectedIndexChanged

From: Alex Yakhnin [MVP] on
Take a look at my blog for samples on how to subclass the ListView control:

http://blog.opennetcf.org/ayakhnin/PermaLink.aspx?guid=4d82068f-0b25-4b01-825d-4dffb0335817

--
Alex Yakhnin, .NET CF MVP
www.intelliprog.com | www.opennetcf.org

From: Shaun on
Rick,

That worked! I thought I tried that, but I guess I didn't. Thank you very
much.

Shaun