From: SteveL5231 on
I have a form with a list box. Everything works fine except the contents of
the listbox don't display until I click on the listbox. Thoughts?
From: Maurice on
Does the list have it's own rowsource? How do you set the rowsource?

When the listbox is bound to a rowsource it should display it's data as soon
as you open the form. Any other settings that might prevent it from being
filled...
--
Maurice Ausum

From: SteveL5231 on
The rowsource is a query.

From: Maurice on
Ok, so the lisbox should display directly.

Try creating a new form with a new listbox created with the lisbox wizard
and save the form. Is the lisbox being filled as it should be?
--
Maurice Ausum

From: Dirk Goldgar on
"SteveL5231" <SteveL5231(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a form with a list box. Everything works fine except the contents
>of
> the listbox don't display until I click on the listbox. Thoughts?

Are you running Access 2003, and have you applied SP3, without applying the
post-SP3 hotfix? Does this KnowledgeBase article describe your problem?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945280/
Combo box controls and list box controls display no value or incorrect
values in Access 2003 after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3

If that is the problem, the hotfix may fix it. You can find the hotfix
itself at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674/

But don't install that hotfix unless the above article really describes your
situation.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)