From: Mark Sheard on
Hi Gary,

Sorry for the late response just looking through my spams folder and my
eye caught this one, phew... I since then have tweaked my yahoo mail settings and all Samba contents is going to a specified Samba folder...

Anyhow Back to your question:

I installed ubuntu 10.04 and if i remember i did the
"Apt-get install samba" which brought this version down...

root(a)wfmmon-GBL:~# smbd -version
root(a)wfmmon-GBL:~# smbd
root(a)wfmmon-GBL:~# smbd --version
Version 3.0.28a
root(a)wfmmon-GBL:~#

mmm i did change my "/etc/apt/sources.list" to a local server here in Hungary, because of my impatience... But i have set it back to default and currently waiting for "apt-get update" to finish..

Seems we might be onto something here. :o)

I will let you know , and Thanks for your response!

Regards

M.