From: Markus Bajones on
Hello Samba list.

I have a question which I am unable to find the answer in the world wide
web.
My current setup I wish to upgrade is as follows:

OpenLDAP with user acount information (names, passwords, etc.) against
which Linux and Windows clients do authenticate.
Cyrus with its own user account information (emails, aliases, passwords,
etc.).

I want to accomplish a setup which gives me to possibility to store all
user data in one backend and let all clients authenticate against.
So my question now is. Is it possible to setup a samba4 domain
controller with openLDAP backend and extend the user data so that I can
use kerberos authentication for my windows and linux (ubuntu and debian)
clients and let dovecot get its authentication information from the same
ldap directory.
Also I would like to know if I have to store the userpassword in more
than on ldap field (one for kerberos and one for dovecot). If so, how
can I keep this two passwords in sync ?

I am grateful for any hint.

Thanks in advance.
Markus