From: Dana on
"Dana" wrote:

> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
> > See here on my blog for something new:
> > http://messengergeek.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E3785B1281BBDA1!3406.entry
>

> Jonathan,
>
> First, thank you for taking the time to help us XP x64 users with our Live
> Messenger issues. I followed the steps outlined in your blog, downloading
> and installing the files in the prescribed order. It has worked well, except
> ever since that day my computer has had issues going into and out of sleep
> mode. Because nothing else was changed in the computer configuration in the
> last few months, and the appearance of this new problem coincided with the
> installation of WLM 2009, I feel I am safe in assuming that is the cause of
> this new problem.
>
> Have you heard of any other users having a similar problem? Are you able to
> help me debug this issue?
>
> Thank you,
> Dana

Cannot tolerate the constant hang-ups getting into and out of standby mode
any longer. I must uninstall this. Jonathan, do you have any uninstall
procedure for this hack of an install?

Thank you,
Dana

From: Jonathan Kay [MVP] on
Greetings,

Uninstall for each component of the Live suite (including Messenger) is listed here:
http://messengergeek.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E3785B1281BBDA1!3332.entry

Alternatively you can just save the existing MSI files somewhere like the Desktop,
right-click on them and choose Uninstall there.

--
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

From: Bobby Johnson on
Did anyone ever note that Windows Live Essentials, which includes
Messenger, is not supported on XP x64?

Windows Live Essentials require the following:

* Operating system: Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (32-bit edition
only), Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit editions), Windows 7 (32-bit or
64-bit editions), or Windows Server 2008.

I think it states XP 32-bit only. There's a high probability this may
account for the unusual on XP x64 (64-bit)!

From: Jonathan Kay [MVP] on
Hi,

It's more than noted, it won't even let you install unless you do it manually.