From: Edward Feustel on
I ran repair on windows live essentials.
I did not back up my system and apparently the
system did not make a restore point. I was instructed
to reboot. The welcome screen and other screens were normal
except that every non-space character is represented as a graphic box.
Boxes represent all places where characters can be typed in response
boxes.

Typed responses appear to work. Canned messages are displayed
normally. Composed messages are one box for every non-space character.
This affects every application both user and system.

I have been trying to figure out what has happened and how to fix it.
Am I in Unicode? If so how do I get out of it?

TIA!
Ed Feustel