From: arno sebastian on
Hello NG,

I have a brandnew PC with Win7 Pro 64bit, 8GB RAM etc.

There is Excel 2007 (32bit) installed and the performance in Excel is
extremly poor.

The trouble starts when I do something in Excel related to printing and the
task splwow64.exe starts working - consuming 1 of my 8 processors.

Eg. I have very simple tables with a few sum-formulas and fixed
rows/columns. Whenever I enter a new value, move up or down with the cursor
the system is very slow and splwow64 is working. When I press page down, it
takes seconds to see all the 4 parts of my sheets, each part takes a while.
It is nearly impossible to work under these circumstances.

Do you know a solution to this problem?

Google did not help, I have a company anti virus software and firewall etc.
so I can hardly believe it is a virus or something similar.

thank you
arno