From: sabin_black on
Hi,
I was wondering how to load swfs from memory? I believe it is possible because
there are paid software (wrappers for flash) out there that claim to be able to
do this (load swf from any source), and they say that it's all in memory and no
temporary files.

I tried using the res: protocol, put_MovieData, and put_InlineData, but all
those don't seem to work at all.

If I had to guess, using custom protocols will not work because flash probably
only supports a few well-known protocols (such as rtmp, http, etc) for security
reason. But with put_MovieData and put_InlineData, I have no idea why neither
of these things do anything even if the function itself returns a success code.
Also there seems to be no documentation for these functions (maybe it's been
phased out?).