From: Overclocked on

Is the light on the network card port green or yellow?

From: Bob Lin (MS-MVP) on
If the hardware and cable are not issues, try to upgrade the NIC driver or
modify the speed. This search result may help.
Network cable unplugged
Situation: A laptop wireless receives "Network cable unplugged".
Troubleshooting: 1. Reset the wireless router or AP. 2. Disable and
re-enable wireless. ...
www.chicagotech.net/troubleshooting/cableunplugged.htm

--
Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net

From: jeffro855 on

Both lights are on, a green light and a yellow or orange looking light,
but there's two lights on for sure at the back of the pc where the cable
plugs in at.

From: Overclocked on

What if you go Start>Run, type "cmd" and at the prompt type "ipconfig
/renew"? Does it fix the problem?

From: jeffro855 on

Overclocked;1161581 Wrote:
> What if you go Start>Run, type "cmd" and at the prompt type "ipconfig
> /renew"? Does it fix the problem?

I just tried ipconfig/renew and it didn't work. I had the following
message come up after hitting enter;
Windows IP Configuration
No operation can performed on Local Area Connection while it has media
disconnected.

Bob,
I'll try what you have listed now and see where that goes. Just wanted
to give a quick update.

Thanks for the ideas and I'll update after I try this next step.

Thanks.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: internal ip changes