From: Corinna Vinschen on
Hi,

I've searched MSDN and the Win32 API a lot, but I can't figure out
if this information is available somewhere. What I'm searching are
locale-specific strings with the meaning "Yes" or "No". There's a
lot of locale-specific information available via GetLocelInfo(Ex),
but apparently not this.

Is there an API which returns this sort of localized strings?

Thanks in advance,
Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader
From: Pavel A. on
Look in string table resources of user32.dll.
"&Yes" is id=805, "&No" is id=806 (on XP SP3, x86)

--pa

From: Corinna Vinschen on
Pavel A. wrote:
> "Corinna Vinschen" wrote
>> I've searched MSDN and the Win32 API a lot, but I can't figure out
>> if this information is available somewhere. What I'm searching are
>> locale-specific strings with the meaning "Yes" or "No". There's a
>> lot of locale-specific information available via GetLocelInfo(Ex),
>> but apparently not this.
>>
>> Is there an API which returns this sort of localized strings?
>
> Look in string table resources of user32.dll.
> "&Yes" is id=805, "&No" is id=806 (on XP SP3, x86)

Does this allow to fetch the Yes/No strings for all locales supported by
Windows, just as the GetLocaleInfo(Ex) function allows to fetch, for
instance, time and monetary information for all supported locales?
That's what I'm looking for. Or does this only allow to fetch the
Yes/No strings for the installed UI languages?

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader
From: Pavel A. on
> Pavel A. wrote:
>> "Corinna Vinschen" wrote
>>> I've searched MSDN and the Win32 API a lot, but I can't figure out
>>> if this information is available somewhere. What I'm searching are
>>> locale-specific strings with the meaning "Yes" or "No". There's a
>>> lot of locale-specific information available via GetLocelInfo(Ex),
>>> but apparently not this.
>>>
>>> Is there an API which returns this sort of localized strings?
>>
>> Look in string table resources of user32.dll.
>> "&Yes" is id=805, "&No" is id=806 (on XP SP3, x86)
>
> Does this allow to fetch the Yes/No strings for all locales supported by
> Windows, just as the GetLocaleInfo(Ex) function allows to fetch, for
> instance, time and monetary information for all supported locales?
> That's what I'm looking for. Or does this only allow to fetch the
> Yes/No strings for the installed UI languages?

Maybe, with MUI.
The plain one-language system has only one variant of these string resources
(can be seen if you open the DLL in Visual Studio resource editor)

-- pa

From: Mihai N. on
> Is there an API which returns this sort of localized strings?

No, there is no such thing.
What Pavel recomended might work, but is not documented and not recomended.
Might change in one year, or tomorrow.

--
Mihai Nita [Microsoft MVP, Visual C++]
http://www.mihai-nita.net