From: andreik on
On Mar 16, 6:17 pm, ddf <orat...(a)msn.com> wrote:
> On Mar 16, 12:10 pm, andreik <spamme.andr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > SESSION_INFO isn't available for that transaction else you'd see it
> > > displayed.
>
> > > David Fitzjarrell
>
> > so this is normal that session_info does not always get logged into
> > redo?
> > what does it depend on?
> > is this mentioned somewhere in the documentation? I couldn't find
> > anything like that.- Hide quoted text -

> Presumsing you have a valid support contract you should read Metalink
> document 110301.1.  Since you're running an unpatched 10.2.0.1
> installation you may not be in possession of a valid CSI so reading
> that document may not be possible.
>
> David Fitzjarrell

I've already read that document. It doesn't help. Supplemental loggin
is also not the case, bacause the transaction which follows already
has the session_info and when I drop a test table I can see my traces
there as well.
Anyway, looks like no one is actually aware of how the session_info is
retrieved... I guess I'll just have to accept that oracle is a goofy
database :)
Thanks.
From: ddf on
On Mar 17, 7:52 am, andreik <spamme.andr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 16, 6:17 pm, ddf <orat...(a)msn.com> wrote:

> > > so this is normal that session_info does not always get logged into
> > > redo?
> > > what does it depend on?
> > > is this mentioned somewhere in the documentation? I couldn't find
> > > anything like that.- Hide quoted text -

> > Presumsing you have a valid support contract you should read Metalink
> > document 110301.1.  Since you're running an unpatched 10.2.0.1
> > installation you may not be in possession of a valid CSI so reading
> > that document may not be possible.
>
> > David Fitzjarrell
>
> I've already read that document. It doesn't help. Supplemental loggin
> is also not the case, bacause the transaction which follows already
> has the session_info and when I drop a test table I can see my traces
> there as well.
> Anyway, looks like no one is actually aware of how the session_info is
> retrieved...  I guess I'll just have to accept that oracle is a goofy
> database :)
> Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

then you haven't read that document fully as it states SESSION_INFO
may be set for a series of transactions in a prior redo or archive log
that you have NOT loaded. Please read item 2. under 'Explanations'
again and again until you understand it as this is likely the cause of
your 'problem'.

David Fitzjarrell
From: andreik on
On Mar 17, 1:54 pm, ddf <orat...(a)msn.com> wrote:
> On Mar 17, 7:52 am, andreik <spamme.andr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Presumsing you have a valid support contract you should read Metalink
> > > document 110301.1.  Since you're running an unpatched 10.2.0.1
> > > installation you may not be in possession of a valid CSI so reading
> > > that document may not be possible.
>
> > > David Fitzjarrell
>
> > I've already read that document. It doesn't help. Supplemental loggin
> > is also not the case, bacause the transaction which follows already
> > has the session_info and when I drop a test table I can see my traces
> > there as well.
> > Anyway, looks like no one is actually aware of how the session_info is
> > retrieved...  I guess I'll just have to accept that oracle is a goofy
> > database :)
> > Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

> then you haven't read that document fully as it states SESSION_INFO
> may be set for a series of transactions in a prior redo or archive log
> that you have NOT loaded.  Please read item 2. under 'Explanations'
> again and again until you understand it as this is likely the cause of
> your 'problem'.
>
> David Fitzjarrell

I can see in the session audit a session connecting just a second
before the drops came and disconnected right after the last drop was
done. That's exactly how TOAD is doing it: connecting a new session,
drops tables and disconnects (I tested it). So the session information
must be in the same log.
From: ddf on
On Mar 17, 9:32 am, andreik <spamme.andr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 17, 1:54 pm, ddf <orat...(a)msn.com> wrote:

> > > I've already read that document. It doesn't help. Supplemental loggin
> > > is also not the case, bacause the transaction which follows already
> > > has the session_info and when I drop a test table I can see my traces
> > > there as well.
> > > Anyway, looks like no one is actually aware of how the session_info is
> > > retrieved...  I guess I'll just have to accept that oracle is a goofy
> > > database :)
> > > Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

> > then you haven't read that document fully as it states SESSION_INFO
> > may be set for a series of transactions in a prior redo or archive log
> > that you have NOT loaded.  Please read item 2. under 'Explanations'
> > again and again until you understand it as this is likely the cause of
> > your 'problem'.
>
> > David Fitzjarrell
>
> I can see in the session audit a session connecting just a second
> before the drops came and disconnected right after the last drop was
> done. That's exactly how TOAD is doing it: connecting a new session,
> drops tables and disconnects (I tested it). So the session information
> must be in the same log.- Hide quoted text -

Are you running shared server with connection pooling?

David Fitzjarrell
From: andreik on
On Mar 17, 6:30 pm, ddf <orat...(a)msn.com> wrote:
> On Mar 17, 9:32 am, andreik <spamme.andr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > then you haven't read that document fully as it states SESSION_INFO
> > > may be set for a series of transactions in a prior redo or archive log
> > > that you have NOT loaded.  Please read item 2. under 'Explanations'
> > > again and again until you understand it as this is likely the cause of
> > > your 'problem'.
>
> > > David Fitzjarrell
>
> > I can see in the session audit a session connecting just a second
> > before the drops came and disconnected right after the last drop was
> > done. That's exactly how TOAD is doing it: connecting a new session,
> > drops tables and disconnects (I tested it). So the session information
> > must be in the same log.- Hide quoted text -

> Are you running shared server with connection pooling?
>
> David Fitzjarrell

no, dedicated server only