From: Jia Lu on
Hi all
I'll use Oracle 10g R2 on Linux with RAC, from the old system we used
oracle 7 on Miracle Linux.
With 10g R2 I want to know if Red hat enterprise linux is a better
choice ?

Thank you.

Lau. Lu
From: ddf on
On Mar 17, 3:43 am, Jia Lu <roka...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>  I'll use Oracle 10g R2 on Linux with RAC, from the old system we used
> oracle 7 on Miracle Linux.
>  With 10g R2 I want to know if Red hat enterprise linux is a better
> choice ?
>
>  Thank you.
>
>  Lau. Lu

Define 'better'.

Red Hat EL4 is a supported Linux release for Oracle 10.2; I don't see
Miracle Linux anywhere in that certification matrix, so if you want
Oracle Support to not turn you away at the door RHEL 4 is probably a
better choice.

David Fitzjarrell
From: John Hurley on
On Mar 17, 3:43 am, Jia Lu <roka...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> Hi all
>  I'll use Oracle 10g R2 on Linux with RAC, from the old system we used
> oracle 7 on Miracle Linux.
>  With 10g R2 I want to know if Red hat enterprise linux is a better
> choice ?
>
>  Thank you.
>
>  Lau. Lu

I would use OEL 5.4 it is oracle's clone of RHEL 5.4.

You can download it for free from Oracle ( but pay support if you need
to be able to patch it etc ).
From: Jia Lu on
On Mar 18, 12:45 am, John Hurley <johnbhur...(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I would use OEL 5.4 it is oracle's clone of RHEL 5.4.
>
> You can download it for free from Oracle ( but pay support if you need
> to be able to patch it etc ).

Thanks for your answer.
What about the payment's difference of OEL 5.4 support and RHEL 5.4
support?
I think I will use the cheaper one.
From: John Hurley on
On Mar 17, 11:58 am, Jia Lu <roka...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> > You can download it for free from Oracle ( but pay support if you need
> > to be able to patch it etc ).
>
> Thanks for your answer.
> What about the payment's difference of OEL 5.4 support and RHEL 5.4
> support?
> I think I will use the cheaper one.

Well Oracle undercut Redhat on the price to provide cheaper support
and to take some marketshare from Redhat.

Essentially they just clone redhat since redhat provides all the stuff
open source.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: LogMiner SESSION_INFO is empty