From: Brent Bortnick on
We have been having a sparatic issue with users logging.

Background:
Windows 2003 Server
Citrix Metaframe XP
4 GB Memory
20 GB System partition with 1.5 GB Free Space
38 Users Logged in

Every once and a while when a user logs in they get a message that there is
insufficent system resources to load there profile and there citrix session
shuts down. The admin account can login just fine. A user with admin rights
will login with a default profile.

The two events added to the event viewer are as follow:

***Source: Userenv Type: Error Event ID: 1500
Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded. Check that
you are connected to the network, or that your network is functioning
correctly. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested
service.

***Source: Userenv Type: Error Event ID: 1508
Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by
insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.

DETAIL - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested
service. for M:\Documents and Settings\"username"\ntuser.dat

I have installed the user profile hive cleanup service but have found that
the only way currently to resolve the issue is to reboot the server. The bad
thing is that is a reoccuring issue. Do you have any suggestions or ideas of
what we should try.

Thanks, Brent

From: Pam on
We have the same issues and it seems to be occurring more often - at
least once a week lately.

Our environment:
Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with SP 1
Terminal Services (application mode)
10 GB Memory
22 GB system partition with 13 GB free
2-3 users logged in
SAS - primary application
Symantec Antivirus Client

I also installed the User Hive Cleanup tool but it doesn't seem to
help. The only solution seems to be a reboot. I have yet to figure
out what is causing this problem.

Thanks,
Pam

From: Brent Bortnick on
Hi Pam,

I did some search and found some people talking about stop antivirus
services. I did this and it allowed people to login. I am running trend micro
but I would give that a try.

Regards,

Brent Bortnick

From: Johan Bornman on
Pam and Brent,

Any update on this? I am having the same s@#t!

I have tried the AV thing and a few other things.

Thanks

Johan