From: lhickson on
Hi,

I'm having a problem with "moveuser" from the w2k3 resource kit. I've
been migrating XP clients from local accounts to domain accounts using
moveuser, logged in as local admin. One of the machines returns the
error...

"Error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified"

The syntax I'm using is...
moveuser username domain\username

I'm completely stumped by this one. Can anyone please help?

Many thanks

LukeH

From: LukeH on
Just for the record, I have resolved this issue by taking the following
steps...

1. Reboot the client and log in as local admin
2. Add a temporary local user account, eg "fred"
3. Use the command: moveuser fred domain\fred ... success!
4. Use the same command syntax for the user which originally resulted
in the "Error 2" message ... success!
5. Remove the temporary user account "Fred"

Hardly an elegant solution, but these steps may help if you encounter
the "Error 2" problem. It could be that the reboot was the critical
step. Good luck!