From: H?kan on
When I run a backup I get the result in the log below.
The two things I have done since it stopped working (I think) is installing
SQL Server express and applying a bunch of recent Windows update patches,
including Share Point SP 2.

All SQL databases on this machine is in Simple recovery mode.

---Backup Log
file ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Backup Status
Operation: Backup
Active backup destination: File
Media name: "Small Business Server Backup (01).bkf created 2006-01-17 at
08:09"

Volume shadow copy creation: Attempt 1.
"MSDEWriter" has reported an error 0x800423f4. This is part of System State.
The backup cannot continue.

Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy:800423f4
Aborting Backup.

----------------------

The operation did not successfully complete.

----------------------

From: laurin1 on
I'm having the same problem. I know MS is reporting they have a hotfix, but
how do i get it without paying money?

From: Todd J Heron [MVP] on
"laurin1" <laurin1(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...
> I'm having the same problem. I know MS is reporting they have a hotfix,
> but how do i get it without paying money?

Contact Microsoft. The call to them is free, if you state that you are only
requesting a hotfix in a particular knowledge base article.

--
Todd J Heron, MVP Windows Server - Networking
MCSE - Windows Server 2003/2000/NT; CCA