From: Ian McCall on
On 2010-08-01 14:42:15 +0100, Andrew Collier
<spambucket(a)intensity.org.uk> said:

> In article <8bks62Fdn1U1(a)mid.individual.net>,
> Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:
>
>> Mind you, Ultrabeat
>> always throws me when I try and use it - I never seem to remember how
>> from one session to the next.
>
> Oh, they're just trying to keep up the tradition that all drum machines
> must have incomprehensible user-interfaces...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRxVD9xRTSo

That had me in complete stitches. I can immediately think of several
80s tracks with 'd d d d d d' in it, and I'm now wondering how many of
them were musical choice and how many because the group couldn't work
out how to switch it off.

(I also now want one of those boxes...)

Cheers,
Ian

From: Stimpy on
On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 15:37:05 +0100, Ian McCall wrote

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRxVD9xRTSo
>
> That had me in complete stitches. I can immediately think of several
> 80s tracks with 'd d d d d d' in it, and I'm now wondering how many of
> them were musical choice and how many because the group couldn't work
> out how to switch it off.
>
> (I also now want one of those boxes...)

I have a CR-78 which needs a service and also it's smaller brother the CR-68.
I heart them both