From: Ian McCall on
Very Hitchhiker's:
<http://eruvia.org/imagedump/logic-express-9-dont-show-again-20100731-093529.png>

Happened

when I woke the Mac from sleep by unplugging a USB hub and external
monitor. Logic Express -really- didn't like that, displayed a few
bizarre dialogs and then crashed out for a little nap of its own.

As an aside - if you think you can play synth drums at 2:30am when
you're half-dead, you can't. You are wrong. And if after being shouted
at by your wife you finally go to bed, then wake up next morning to
listen to your 'masterpiece'....hmm. More fool you.

I rather think I need to redo the drum track.

Cheers,
Ian

From: Woody on
Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:
> Very Hitchhiker's:
> <http://eruvia.org/imagedump/logic-express-9-dont-show-again-20100731-093529.png>

Well, at least you have the option to not see it again!

> As an aside - if you think you can play synth drums at 2:30am when
> you're half-dead, you can't. You are wrong. And if after being shouted
> at by your wife you finally go to bed, then wake up next morning to
> listen to your 'masterpiece'....hmm. More fool you.

I have heard such masterpieces

--
Woody
From: ray on
Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:

> Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:
> > Very Hitchhiker's:
> >
> <http://eruvia.org/imagedump/logic-express-9-dont-show-again-20100731-0935
> 29.png>
>
> Well, at least you have the option to not see it again!
>

> > As an aside - if you think you can play synth drums at 2:30am when
> > you're half-dead, you can't. You are wrong. And if after being shouted
> > at by your wife you finally go to bed, then wake up next morning to
> > listen to your 'masterpiece'....hmm. More fool you.
>
> I have heard such masterpieces

I once briefly worked with a drummer whose playing sounded like someone
dragging a bikeshed down a concrete staircase.

--
http://www.dream-weaver.com/email.php
Web development promotion and seo
From: Andrew Collier on
In article <8bks62Fdn1U1(a)mid.individual.net>,
Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:

> Mind you, Ultrabeat
> always throws me when I try and use it - I never seem to remember how
> from one session to the next.

Oh, they're just trying to keep up the tradition that all drum machines
must have incomprehensible user-interfaces...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRxVD9xRTSo

Andrew

--
--- Andrew Collier ---- To reply by email, please use:
---- http://www.intensity.org.uk/ --- 'andrew {at} intensity.org.uk'
From: Ian McCall on
On 2010-08-01 14:42:15 +0100, Andrew Collier
<spambucket(a)intensity.org.uk> said:

> In article <8bks62Fdn1U1(a)mid.individual.net>,
> Ian McCall <ian(a)eruvia.org> wrote:
>
>> Mind you, Ultrabeat
>> always throws me when I try and use it - I never seem to remember how
>> from one session to the next.
>
> Oh, they're just trying to keep up the tradition that all drum machines
> must have incomprehensible user-interfaces...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRxVD9xRTSo

That had me in complete stitches. I can immediately think of several
80s tracks with 'd d d d d d' in it, and I'm now wondering how many of
them were musical choice and how many because the group couldn't work
out how to switch it off.

(I also now want one of those boxes...)

Cheers,
Ian