From: Mike Lane on
Andy Greener wrote on Jul 29, 2010:

> In article <0001HW.C8779651001E3667B01029BF(a)news.virginmedia.com>,
> Mike Lane <mike.lane.usenet(a)ntlworld.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I have a wireless mighty mouse bought 3 years ago with my Mac Pro. It
>> never worked very well, the cursor seems to jitter about sometimes and I
>> have long since discarded it in favour of a Logitech.
>>
>> Anyone want it before I bin it? email me if you do. Postage is a couple
>> of quid in the UK.
>
> You might want to check this out before you do that:
>
> http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20100518121030417

In case anyone else is interested - I opened up my Mac Pro and indeed the B/T
and Airport antenna wires appeared to be wrongly connected as in the article.
I re-connected them in the apparently correct manner, and restarted the
machine. Disappointingly it didn't seem to make much difference - my wireless
keyboard still works normally but the Mighty Mouse still jitters.

Sometime when I have the energy I'll open it again and re-check the
connections just in case I made a mistake. At least I took the opportunity to
hoover out large amounts of dust and clean the fans. It's noticeably quieter
now and I think runs a bit cooler

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire