First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91
upper bound of reverse concavity of elliptic triangles #371; Correcting Math
Enrico wrote: Re: What is your understanding, Enrico and David, if you be so kind to tell, can a latitude be a side of a triangle in Elliptic geometry, or must every side of any triangle in Elliptic geometry be segments of a "great-circle". Equator is the only latitude that will work ... 2 Feb 2010 16:35
Z cardinals
Here is another presentation of Z cardinals. Define H(b,d): H(b,d) <-> For all y ( y e b <-> for all z ( z e {y} -> z strictly subnumerous to d) ). so H(b,d) is a formula (in first order logic with identity) in two free variables b and d. so there is no intention here to stipulate that for every set d ... 2 Feb 2010 16:35
upper bound of reverse concavity of elliptic triangles #368; Correcting Math
I am not sure of these items and will have to recheck them. I woke up this morning thinking about the globe and came to some interesting conclusions. I cannot see how the globe can have a equilateral triangle of arc length 60 degree by 60 by 60 for one of the sides has to be a latitude side. Now I think that th... 2 Feb 2010 16:35
upper bound of reverse concavity of elliptic triangles #364; Correcting Math
Making some progress here. At least I am on some sure footing. I can begin to see what a 1/8 surface area of sphere is going to be too large. That amounts to a 45 by 45 degree latitude longitude rectangle on the one hemisphere of the sphere. And the reason that a elliptic triangle of 1/8 fails is because when w... 2 Feb 2010 16:34
Johnny's State of the Union - I know when we're being took by crooks dancing us off away in the clouds dreaming of being something but on the ball - Johnny's State of the Union
On Jan 28, 9:20 am, "Tax Money to Banksters Freely, on Hopes They Might Lend a Little Some Back NOT" <dedfederdferefder...(a)hotmail.com> wrote: Another rambling diatribe off topic in all the newsgroups it was posted to. Suitably reported as spam. ... 2 Feb 2010 16:34
A cardinal number theorem
Hi, I found and proved the following cardinal number theorem inspired by exercise 35 on page 165 in H. B. Enderton: Elements of Set Theory, Academic Press, 1977. Let Nat be the set of natural numbers including 0. Let Aleph0 be the cardinality of Nat. For a set M let Pot(M) be the set of subsets of M and let ... 27 Jan 2010 23:55
Proof of the theorem that a precise definition of finite involves a selection #354; Correcting Math
This theorem is important in two aspects. One, it changes all of current math for it destroys much of what was considered to be math but as it turns out was just fiddling idealism such as Cantor transfinites. This theorem also places a new method to mathematics such that any conjecture has a time limit of findin... 27 Jan 2010 04:52
Usefulness of statements contradicted by AC
Hi, Again, in Levi's Basic Set Theory it is read: "The system of axioms obtained from ZF by adding to it the axiom of choice will be denoted ZFC. The reason for this segregation of the axiom of choice is not because the axiom is a dubious one. It is because ZF is sufficient for many set theoretical purposes. A... 2 Feb 2010 16:35
help wanted on a trig equation #353; Correcting Math
Enrico, I think I found an easy way of doing this problem, and of course in Euclidean. I think I can even do a ascii art to illustrate. Here we have a equilateral triangle in Euclidean. / \ / \ ------ Now the question I want to know is at what juncture does a concave outwards sided triangle (El... 27 Jan 2010 21:43
Montague 1961
In Levy's Basic Set Theory it is read: "The axiom of replacement is, as we see, an axiom schema. As shown by Montague 1961, the fact that this axiom cannot be given as a single axiom of the basic language is not an accident but an inherent feature of set theory". The reference points to: Fraenkel's addition... 2 Feb 2010 16:35