From: Paul H on
For the past year or so I've been doing development and maintenance for a
company in a city 30 miles away. I rarely visit them. I use my Net Express
3.1 and dialog. All of their code is procedural, not structured or OO. I
know some of you are going to tell me I should learn. NO! I do what I do
and I enjoy it. I can work remotely and inexpensively for a company
anywhere in any continental USA time zone, using GoToMyPC, GoToAssist,
and/or Skype to get assignments and turn in results. Email me at
ILoveSpam(a)pchplano.com (yup, it does work) if you are interested and want to
discuss my low rates and availability.

From: Pete Dashwood on
Paul H wrote:
> For the past year or so I've been doing development and maintenance
> for a company in a city 30 miles away. I rarely visit them. I use
> my Net Express
> 3.1 and dialog. All of their code is procedural, not structured or
> OO. I know some of you are going to tell me I should learn. NO! I
> do what I do and I enjoy it. I can work remotely and inexpensively
> for a company anywhere in any continental USA time zone, using
> GoToMyPC, GoToAssist, and/or Skype to get assignments and turn in
> results. Email me at ILoveSpam(a)pchplano.com (yup, it does work) if
> you are interested and want to discuss my low rates and availability.

Good Luck, Paul.

If you don't find anything, why not think about something on your own
behalf?

Sometimes code that you write for yourself becomes useful to others and it
really doesn't matter what it is written in, or what model you employ, as
long as it works.

I hope you continue to enjoy what you do for some time to come.

(That is actually much more important than whether it is state of the art or
not...)

Pete.

From: Paul H on

"Pete Dashwood" <dashwood(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote in message
Paul H wrote:
> For the past year or so I've been doing development and maintenance
> for a company in a city 30 miles away. I rarely visit them. I use
> my Net Express
> 3.1 and dialog. All of their code is procedural, not structured or
> OO. I know some of you are going to tell me I should learn. NO! I
> do what I do and I enjoy it. I can work remotely and inexpensively
> for a company anywhere in any continental USA time zone, using
> GoToMyPC, GoToAssist, and/or Skype to get assignments and turn in
> results. Email me at ILoveSpam(a)pchplano.com (yup, it does work) if
> you are interested and want to discuss my low rates and availability.

Good Luck, Paul.

If you don't find anything, why not think about something on your own
behalf?

Sometimes code that you write for yourself becomes useful to others and it
really doesn't matter what it is written in, or what model you employ, as
long as it works.

I hope you continue to enjoy what you do for some time to come.

(That is actually much more important than whether it is state of the art or
not...)

Pete.

====================

Thanks Pete,
I hope people know why I used ILoveSpam(a)pchplano.com. Because spammers will
quickly add any email address they can find to their email lists.
Paul

From: tleaders...gmail.com on

Paul

See if this is works for you. I know nothing about it except that it
came to me on a "Google Alert"

Good luck
Tom

http://jobview.monster.com/Remote-COBOL-MF-Programmer-w-Data-Mining-exp-Must-be-in-Easte-Job-Charlotte-NC-US-86544994.aspx

decco Group a world leader in the recruitment of IT Technical
Professionals has an immediate opening for:
Job Title: Remote COBOL MF Programmer w/Data Mining exp. (Must be
in Eastern Time zone) SAS a plus
Work Location: Charlotte, NC

Duration: Long Term Contract - 10 months

When replying to this position always refer to this job order number:
146292

Note: No 3rd party Vendors, NO SUBS, NO Corp-to-Corp, NO H1B VISAs,
NO F1 Visa. We will not sponsor or transfer a visa. No 1099's.
Might consider someone with a TN Visa.
From: Paul H on

Thanks Tom. This is way out of my league.
Paul