From: Karl Mitschke on
Hello Tony,

> "Brian Cryer" <not.here(a)localhost> skrev i meddelandet
>
>> "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson(a)telia.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I hope there might be some NNTP server left that has groups such as
>>> microsoft.public.dotnet.language.csharp because
>>> I prefer NNTP server before using Forum.
>>> //Tony
>>>
>> Either use the MS NNTP Bridge application as per Mr Arnold's
>> suggestion or continue to post to
>> microsoft.public.dotnet.langauge.csharp but via any newserver but
>> Microsoft's. Microsoft has removed it from their newserver but that
>> won't stop other newsgroup servers from continuing to carry it.
>> Whether it will continue to be popular is another matter ...
>>
>> You are not alone in prefering NNTP to a Forum. The NNTP bridge isn't
>> bad,
>> but isn't the same and looses some of the benefits of NNTP.
>> --
>> Brian Cryer
>> http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian
> Do you have any name for a newserver that I can use to post to
> microsoft.public.dotnet.langauge.csharp ?
>
> //Tony

news.eternal-september.org

Karl
http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com/
-join("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

From: Brian Cryer on

> "Brian Cryer" <not.here(a)localhost> skrev i meddelandet
>> "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson(a)telia.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I hope there might be some NNTP server left that has groups such as
>>> microsoft.public.dotnet.language.csharp because
>>> I prefer NNTP server before using Forum.
>>>
>>> //Tony
>>
>> Either use the MS NNTP Bridge application as per Mr Arnold's suggestion
>> or continue to post to microsoft.public.dotnet.langauge.csharp but via
>> any newserver but Microsoft's. Microsoft has removed it from their
>> newserver but that won't stop other newsgroup servers from continuing to
>> carry it. Whether it will continue to be popular is another matter ...
>>
>> You are not alone in prefering NNTP to a Forum. The NNTP bridge isn't
>> bad, but isn't the same and looses some of the benefits of NNTP.
>> --
>> Brian Cryer
>> http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian
>
> Do you have any name for a newserver that I can use to post to
> microsoft.public.dotnet.langauge.csharp ?

Your ISP might provide you with newsgroup access, in which case use their
NNTP server. Otherwise, http://individual.net/ (as per Harlan's suggestion)
or http://www.giganews.com/?a=archived both of which will cost. I'm sure
there are others out there, but unless your ISP provides it then there
probably aren't any free ones.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian