From: Tony Johansson on
Hello!

I hope there might be some NNTP server left that has groups such as
microsoft.public.dotnet.language.csharp because
I prefer NNTP server before using Forum.

//Tony

From: Mr. Arnold on
On 7/20/2010 5:26 AM, Tony Johansson wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I hope there might be some NNTP server left that has groups such as
> microsoft.public.dotnet.language.csharp because
> I prefer NNTP server before using Forum.
>
> //Tony

Just use the MS NNTP Bridge application, and then you can go here
Msdn.en-US.csharpgeneral using any NG reader.
From: Brian Cryer on
"Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson(a)telia.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> I hope there might be some NNTP server left that has groups such as
> microsoft.public.dotnet.language.csharp because
> I prefer NNTP server before using Forum.
>
> //Tony

Either use the MS NNTP Bridge application as per Mr Arnold's suggestion or
continue to post to microsoft.public.dotnet.langauge.csharp but via any
newserver but Microsoft's. Microsoft has removed it from their newserver but
that won't stop other newsgroup servers from continuing to carry it. Whether
it will continue to be popular is another matter ...

You are not alone in prefering NNTP to a Forum. The NNTP bridge isn't bad,
but isn't the same and looses some of the benefits of NNTP.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

From: Tony Johansson on
"Brian Cryer" <not.here(a)localhost> skrev i meddelandet
> "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson(a)telia.com> wrote in message
>> Hello!
>>
>> I hope there might be some NNTP server left that has groups such as
>> microsoft.public.dotnet.language.csharp because
>> I prefer NNTP server before using Forum.
>>
>> //Tony
>
> Either use the MS NNTP Bridge application as per Mr Arnold's suggestion or
> continue to post to microsoft.public.dotnet.langauge.csharp but via any
> newserver but Microsoft's. Microsoft has removed it from their newserver
> but that won't stop other newsgroup servers from continuing to carry it.
> Whether it will continue to be popular is another matter ...
>
> You are not alone in prefering NNTP to a Forum. The NNTP bridge isn't bad,
> but isn't the same and looses some of the benefits of NNTP.
> --
> Brian Cryer
> http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

Do you have any name for a newserver that I can use to post to

From: Harlan Messinger on
Tony Johansson wrote:
> "Brian Cryer" <not.here(a)localhost> skrev i meddelandet
>> "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson(a)telia.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I hope there might be some NNTP server left that has groups such as
>>> microsoft.public.dotnet.language.csharp because
>>> I prefer NNTP server before using Forum.
>>>
>>> //Tony
>> Either use the MS NNTP Bridge application as per Mr Arnold's suggestion or
>> continue to post to microsoft.public.dotnet.langauge.csharp but via any
>> newserver but Microsoft's. Microsoft has removed it from their newserver
>> but that won't stop other newsgroup servers from continuing to carry it.
>> Whether it will continue to be popular is another matter ...
>>
>> You are not alone in prefering NNTP to a Forum. The NNTP bridge isn't bad,
>> but isn't the same and looses some of the benefits of NNTP.
>> --
>> Brian Cryer
>> http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian
>
> Do you have any name for a newserver that I can use to post to
> microsoft.public.dotnet.langauge.csharp ?

I use individual.net, but there's an annual fee.