From: JK on
Hi All,

We have problem with the session timeout. It is supposed to be 1 hour
but the sessions variable are lost before that.
I did some testings and the sessions are lost after a random number of
minutes (35, 41, 44, 54, ....).
I've checked the servers (Win Server 2003) application event logs and
found nothing.
It's a single server setup, no web farms and no load balancing.

My first question is: Can application recycling lead to session loss
when running state server ? I've read that this should not.
Is there something else that can reset the sessions when running state
server ?

Thanks,
JM

IIS6 Settings
1. Recycle worker processes (in minutes) = 1740
2. Recycle worker processes (number of requests) = Unchecked
3. Recycle worker processes at the following times = Unchecked
4. Maximum virtual memory = Unchecked
5. Maximum used memory = Unchecked
6. Shutdown worker processes after being idle = 200
7. Limit the kernel request queue = 1000
8. Everthing else = Unchecked

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
<configuration>
<system.web>
<httpRuntime executionTimeout="10800" />
<sessionState mode="StateServer"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=localhost:42424" timeout="60"></sessionState>
<authentication mode="Windows">
<forms timeout="60"></forms>
</authentication>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
<globalization
fileEncoding="iso-8859-1"
requestEncoding="iso-8859-1"
responseEncoding="iso-8859-1"
/>
<compilation debug="true"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
From: "Mr. Arnold" MR. on

"JK" <JK(a)invalid.com> wrote in message

<snipped>

Maybe, you should post to this forum.

microsoft.public.inetserver.iis

From: 3P on
Are You saving/deleting any files under Your website's folder structure.

Add logging application restarts to global.asax.
From: JK on
3P a �crit :
> Are You saving/deleting any files under Your website's folder structure.
>
> Add logging application restarts to global.asax.

I have no global.asax.
However, when running state server, is that important ?
I've read somewhere that unless you restart state server, you never lose
sessions variables.

JM
From: Brian Cryer on
"Mr. Arnold" <MR. Arnold(a)Arnold.com> wrote in message

> "JK" <JK(a)invalid.com> wrote in message
>
> <snipped>
>
> Maybe, you should post to this forum.
>
> microsoft.public.inetserver.iis

Whilst it wouldn't do any harm to have cross-posted to
microsoft.public.inetserver.iis (had you cross-posted your reply without
snipping the original that would have done), the state server has nothing to
do with iis and is independent of iis it is very must an asp.net thing.

To the OP: Whilst I'd not looked into it, I sometimes felt that some
sessions timed-out prematurely, so I'm interested to know if you resolve it.
--
Brian Cryer
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian