From: wayfaring on
Hi gang --
I'm looking for a freeware "reasonable facsimile thereof" for Quark
Express. I ran across one called Scribus, but you're SOL if your
platform is older than Windows 2000.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.
Jerry
From: Ned Goudy on
On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 16:32:38 -0600, wayfaring stranger wrote:

>Hi gang --
>I'm looking for a freeware "reasonable facsimile thereof" for Quark
>Express. I ran across one called Scribus, but you're SOL if your
>platform is older than Windows 2000.
>Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.
>Jerry
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/

I just finished a Tabloid newspaper
with Page Plus 11, the paid version
and am starting another next week.

This is the best you are gonna do
for free, but if you call Serif you can
buy a copy of Serif PagePlus 10 for
about $20.00 and you can make
PDF files for the printer with that one.
http://serif.com/contactus.asp

Ned
From: Al on
wayfaring stranger wrote:
> Hi gang --
> I'm looking for a freeware "reasonable facsimile thereof" for Quark
> Express. I ran across one called Scribus, but you're SOL if your
> platform is older than Windows 2000.
> Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.
> Jerry

I, too, have used PagePlus through many versions, but have recently
discovered
an interesting alternative.

Scribus is a superb FREE desktop publishing program which is just as
good or better! > http://www.scribus.net/

From: Al on
wayfaring stranger wrote:
> Hi gang --
> I'm looking for a freeware "reasonable facsimile thereof" for Quark
> Express. I ran across one called Scribus, but you're SOL if your
> platform is older than Windows 2000.
> Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.
> Jerry

By the way, you can have an older version of PagePlus SE for free at
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/

Since Scribus doesn't meet your needs, this is worth a try.
From: Susan Bugher on
Al wrote:

> By the way, you can have an older version of PagePlus SE for free at
> http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/

NOTE -> if you have to reinstall later you may need a new key. . .

Program: Serif PagePlus SE (was Serif PagePlus 5)
Company: Serif
Ware: (Liteware) (Registerware: keyed to hard drive/renewable) (free)
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware