From: glitteringsounds on
Hello,

As we know that we can extract information like imported/exported
functions after parsing PE file programatically.
But we can only take the names (function names imported/exported) of
methods. We cannot look up their parameters(in/out)names with their
types and return type of method.(as these parts encoded as HEX)

Is there any way out to extract these as well..?

Regards Muhammad Usman Khalil
From: Kerem Gümrükcü on
Hi,

you can, but you will have to use the symbols for the
PE if you have them, otherwise you have to write some
disassembler to examine the call stacks/heap to see what has
been passed to the next function on the call stack, but
you can not get any names for the IN/OUT parameters,
just addresses and thats all. You need the smybols or a
user-defined way (list, database) to map the function names
to function signatures, but here again the symbols come
into play,...

Here is a list of diassemblers/decomoilers:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/X86_Disassembly/Disassemblers_and_Decompilers

You can have a look at the open source implementations to see
how they handle CodeView/COFF stuff,...or Debugging Symbols
and Debugging Information/Helper Functions in the MSDN for the
case it is Windows you target on,...

Regards

K.

--
Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue