From: Max on
That won't happen. Just start a new thread with all the relevant details.
Ensure that you do follow through quickly with responder(s) who respond in
your thread.
--
Max
Singapore

From: Joe User on
"Jon in the U&L" <JonintheUL(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> So I added another post to a prior thread that I started in February.
> But it's not showing up at the top of the list here in the forum.
> Can older threads be posted to and brought to the top of the list?

That depends on the newsreader and the user. You are using the MS
Discussions Groups web interface. To my knowledge, threads are always
sorted by the first posting. So there is no way to see most recent postings
to old threads. Many people use the Google Groups web interface. They have
the option to order threads by the first posting or by the latest postings.
So GG users might see postings to old threads easily. Many other people
access the MSnews server directly using Outlook Express (Windows Mail in
2007 and later). They, too, have the option of seeing the latest postings
first. But if they choose not to, old threads with new postings are
highlighted. So OE users may or may not spot new postings to old threads.
There are other newsreaders and other platforms (e.g. Linux). Each works
differently.

"Jon in the U&L" <JonintheUL(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> So I added another post to a prior thread that I started in February. But
> it's not showing up at the top of the list here in the forum.
>
> Can older threads be posted to and brought to the top of the list?
>
> "Jon in the U&L" wrote:
>
>> I am really in need of looking up a past question I asked here, but
>> cannot
>> find it through the search function. Is there a way to retrieve the
>> messages
>> that you've posted here? Thanks in advance!

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Reduce balance
Next: deleting temporary excel files