From: Zakynthos on
Hi,

In col A I have numbers 1 to 500 in sequential order
In column B, I have values against each of these numbers
In column C I have numbers 1 to 500 in non-sequential order
In column D I want to match each number in column C with its equivalent in
column A and return the corresponding variable in column B to column D

For example, I have 8 in cell B25 and 25 in C1 and want to return 8 in D1
I have 15 in B107 and 107 in C2 and want to return 15 in D2 etc

Do I use LOOKUP, VLOOKUP etc for this or something else?

Can you give me an example of the formula?

Many thanks.

From: Joe User on
"Zakynthos" wrote:
> Do I use LOOKUP, VLOOKUP etc for this or something else?

You can make either work. But in your case, the simplest might be: put the
following formula into D1 and copy down:

=vlookup(C1,$A$1:$B$500,2)

However, you might not need column A if your numbers are always sequential
starting with 1, 2 etc. In that case, you might consider:

=index($B$1:$B$500,C1)

From: Zakynthos on
Thanks, very helpful, I'll give it a try!