From: johnb on
Hi All
What is the code to loop thru all textbox controls on a form?

TIA
johnb
From: PvdG42 on

"johnb" <johnb(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
> What is the code to loop thru all textbox controls on a form?
>
> TIA
> johnb

The Form class (which derives from Control) has a Controls property:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.control.controls.aspx

which is a collection of type Control.

The Control class has a GetType() method to allow you to determine if the
current control is a TextBox.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.object.gettype(v=VS.90).aspx

From: Armin Zingler on
Am 10.04.2010 17:53, schrieb johnb:
> Hi All
> What is the code to loop thru all textbox controls on a form?

Inside the Form itself only or also inside other containers on the Form?
The former (it's shorter ;-) ):

'assuming option infer on
for each c in controls
if typeof c is textbox then
with directcast(c, textbox)
.property = value
end with
end if
next

--
Armin
From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
Peter,

I've seen that the getType is currently more popular, but why not the way we
here in this newsgroup has done it forever.

If Typeof object Is Classname?

http://www.vb-tips.com/ControlBorder.aspx

Is this a kind of verCSharping (I don't know if you knows a tiny little bit
Dutch, then you understand it)

It means something as: using C# ways, where there is a very good VB
alternative.

:-)

Cor

From: PvdG42 on

"Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <Notmyfirstname(a)planet.nl> wrote in message
> Peter,
>
> I've seen that the getType is currently more popular, but why not the way
> we here in this newsgroup has done it forever.
>
> If Typeof object Is Classname?
>
> http://www.vb-tips.com/ControlBorder.aspx
>
> Is this a kind of verCSharping (I don't know if you knows a tiny little
> bit Dutch, then you understand it)
>
> It means something as: using C# ways, where there is a very good VB
> alternative.
>
> :-)
>
> Cor

I'm not trying to start anything, just trying to offer the OP a way the
"learn to fish".
Your way is certainly just as good, and certainly more VB-traditional.