From: PeoplesChoice on
Lately, I have been losing some of my data. The two cases I've found so
far are: iPod addresses and Photos. In both cases, only some of the
data is missing (specific line items). Any ideas what might be causing
this?
From: Dustin on
PeoplesChoice(a)Chicago.net wrote in

> Lately, I have been losing some of my data. The two cases I've
> found so far are: iPod addresses and Photos. In both cases, only
> some of the data is missing (specific line items). Any ideas what
> might be causing this?

Have you checked the hard drive for possible errors?

--
"I like your Christ. I don't like your Christians. They are so unlike
your Christ." - author unknown.
From: PeoplesChoice on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 19:59:27 GMT, Dustin <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>PeoplesChoice(a)Chicago.net wrote in
>
>> Lately, I have been losing some of my data. The two cases I've
>> found so far are: iPod addresses and Photos. In both cases, only
>> some of the data is missing (specific line items). Any ideas what
>> might be causing this?
>>

>Have you checked the hard drive for possible errors?

That's a great question!!! But I tell you - the only app I know of is
CHKDSK. All the rest, I've been advised to stay away from. Do you know
of a reliable app to check the disk? Thank you.........
From: PeoplesChoice on
wrote:

>PeoplesChoice(a)Chicago.net wrote in
>
>> Lately, I have been losing some of my data. The two cases I've
>> found so far are: iPod addresses and Photos. In both cases, only
>> some of the data is missing (specific line items). Any ideas what
>> might be causing this?
>>

>Have you checked the hard drive for possible errors?
Also, the last time I ran CHKDSK, I made matters worse, I had to buy a
new drive and a new OS (Windows 7). I don't want to do that again. I
run Norton Internet Security 2010, Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware,
Spybot - Search & Destroy and CCleaner regularly.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: <PeoplesChoice(a)Chicago.net>

| Lately, I have been losing some of my data. The two cases I've found so
| far are: iPod addresses and Photos. In both cases, only some of the
| data is missing (specific line items). Any ideas what might be causing
| this?

My belief -- something YOU are doing.

Sorry if that sounds harsh.

--
Dave

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: I received a warning from Google ......