From: Erik Fuyu on
Hello,
My laptop dropped and suddenly all my documents were gone! Trash can files
are still there...
Any suggestions on how to retrieve the files?

Thanks!

From: Shenan Stanley on
Erik Fuyu wrote:
> My laptop dropped and suddenly all my documents were gone! Trash
> can files are still there...
> Any suggestions on how to retrieve the files?

I believe you are not giving all of the story.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: sgopus on
Do a search on Google for retrieving deleted files.
I'm suprised only my documents are gone, usually when you drop a laptop, the
entire HD fails, and or the screen breaks.

From: Erik Fuyu on
The laptop dropped on the floor in my car. nothing broke, just the laptop
reboot and the files (word, pictures, mp3s) disappeared. the files are not
formally deleted since they are not in the recycle bin.

From: Daave on
Erik Fuyu wrote:
> Hello,
> My laptop dropped and suddenly all my documents were gone! Trash can
> files are still there...
> Any suggestions on how to retrieve the files?

You didn't mentioned if you performed a Search.

Perhaps SequoiaView or JDiskReport may help.

Other than the dislocation of your documents, did the drop cause any
other issues?