From: Matt on
I did a year end operation and separated 2009 from 2010.
Unfortunately, I did not save a backup of the old file, just the two
two new ones. The new file (2010) lost all online payee information
(I had hundreds), and also no longer requires a password to start the
program.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Can I import the payee list from my 2009 file? I know I can print it
out and manually enter each one as needed, but I'm looking for a
shortcut.

Thanks --Matt
From: John Pollard on
Matt wrote:
> I did a year end operation and separated 2009 from 2010.
> Unfortunately, I did not save a backup of the old file, just the two
> two new ones. The new file (2010) lost all online payee information
> (I had hundreds), and also no longer requires a password to start the
> program.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> Can I import the payee list from my 2009 file? I know I can print it
> out and manually enter each one as needed, but I'm looking for a
> shortcut.

I think there's a pretty good chance your online payees are also stored on
your billpayer's server. If so, a One Step Update with the billpayer
should synchronize them to your Quicken file.

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: CSM1 on
Matt <mattdotkalmanatgmail> wrote in

> I did a year end operation and separated 2009 from 2010.
> Unfortunately, I did not save a backup of the old file, just the two
> two new ones. The new file (2010) lost all online payee information
> (I had hundreds), and also no longer requires a password to start the
> program.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> Can I import the payee list from my 2009 file? I know I can print it
> out and manually enter each one as needed, but I'm looking for a
> shortcut.
>
> Thanks --Matt

There should be a backup in the Quicken backup folder. Unless you have
automatic backup turned off.

I have five days of Q2010 data in the backup folder.

I have Quicken set to automatic backup every 5 times of running quicken
and I keep 5 copies.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
From: Matt on
Too late for this. This happened a couple of weks ago :-(