From: ralpugan on
On May 1, 10:29 am, "Michel Posseth [MCP]" <m...(a)posseth.com> wrote:
> here it is
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=90E2942D-3AD....
>
> install the SP and your problems should be solved
>
> If i were you i would move to the latest version of Visual studio ( unless
> you need to maintain framework 1 apps )
>
> regards
>
> Michel
>
> "Michel Posseth [MCP]" <m...(a)posseth.com> schreef in berichtnews:8BBC594B-D128-4C45-99DA-8AA388CFDB9F(a)microsoft.com...
>

> > Hello Rapulgan ,
>
> > For the full blown version of Visual studio there was a servicepack wich
> > solved all Vista related issues with VS 2005 ( servicepack 1)
> > however i recently installed Visual studio 2010 on my Windows 7  system
> > and discovered that a lot of anoyances have dissapeared
>
> > As with VS 2010 i can still target framework 2.0 i do not see anny reasson
> > to stick with VS 2008 and have just mooved on ( VS 2010 is my servicepack
> > on the 2008 version )
> > why do you not do the same thing with your express version ?
>
> > HTH
>
> > Michel Posseth
>
> > "ralpugan" <ralpu...(a)ttmail.com> schreef in bericht
> >> Hi,
>
> >> I currently have VB 2005 Express on my old Vista PC installed. The
> >> problem is, though i have lots of ActiveX controls registered on the
> >> system, i can only see "Microsoft Office Outlook" controls in Toolbox-
> >> missing. (such as Windows Media Player Control, Shockwave Flash
> >> Control)
>
> >> Same problem seems reported by user named "MetalTim" on that link:
>
> >>http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsreportcontrols/thread....
>
> >> I have another PC having VB 2005 Express on XP SP2, no such issue. All
> >> COM components are listed.
>
> >> Is there a workaround on this?
>
> >> Any help is appreciated.
>
> >> Thanks!
>
> >> Note: Resetting Toolbox didn't work.- Hide quoted text -

Hi Michel,

Thanks for your suggestions, however installing Visual Basic 2005
Express Service Pack 1, and plus Visual Studio 2005 Update For Vista
didn't work. Still a lot of COM controls are missing when you select
"choose items" in Vista.

Isn't there another solution or why is it?

Thanks,

ralpugan
From: Michel Posseth [MCP] on

"ralpugan" <ralpugan(a)ttmail.com> schreef in bericht
On May 1, 10:29 am, "Michel Posseth [MCP]" <m...(a)posseth.com> wrote:
> here it is
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=90E2942D-3AD...
>
> install the SP and your problems should be solved
>
> If i were you i would move to the latest version of Visual studio ( unless
> you need to maintain framework 1 apps )
>
> regards
>
> Michel
>
> "Michel Posseth [MCP]" <m...(a)posseth.com> schreef in
> berichtnews:8BBC594B-D128-4C45-99DA-8AA388CFDB9F(a)microsoft.com...
>

> > Hello Rapulgan ,
>
> > For the full blown version of Visual studio there was a servicepack wich
> > solved all Vista related issues with VS 2005 ( servicepack 1)
> > however i recently installed Visual studio 2010 on my Windows 7 system
> > and discovered that a lot of anoyances have dissapeared
>
> > As with VS 2010 i can still target framework 2.0 i do not see anny
> > reasson
> > to stick with VS 2008 and have just mooved on ( VS 2010 is my
> > servicepack
> > on the 2008 version )
> > why do you not do the same thing with your express version ?
>
> > HTH
>
> > Michel Posseth
>
> > "ralpugan" <ralpu...(a)ttmail.com> schreef in bericht
> >> Hi,
>
> >> I currently have VB 2005 Express on my old Vista PC installed. The
> >> problem is, though i have lots of ActiveX controls registered on the
> >> system, i can only see "Microsoft Office Outlook" controls in Toolbox-
> >> missing. (such as Windows Media Player Control, Shockwave Flash
> >> Control)
>
> >> Same problem seems reported by user named "MetalTim" on that link:
>
> >>http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsreportcontrols/thread...
>
> >> I have another PC having VB 2005 Express on XP SP2, no such issue. All
> >> COM components are listed.
>
> >> Is there a workaround on this?
>
> >> Any help is appreciated.
>
> >> Thanks!
>
> >> Note: Resetting Toolbox didn't work.- Hide quoted text -

>>Hi Michel,

>>Thanks for your suggestions, however installing Visual Basic 2005
>>Express Service Pack 1, and plus Visual Studio 2005 Update For Vista
>>didn't work. Still a lot of COM controls are missing when you select
>>"choose items" in Vista.

>>Isn't there another solution or why is it?

>>Thanks,

>>ralpugan

Hello Ralpugan

Well the servicepacks should have resolved the issues that are known to
break VS 2005
so i run out of options , do you run VS as an Administrator ? as Vista might
prevent the access of certain registry values as COM is registred this
might be the issue

regards

Michel

From: ralpugan on
On May 4, 7:08 pm, "Michel Posseth [MCP]" <m...(a)posseth.com> wrote:
> "ralpugan" <ralpu...(a)ttmail.com> schreef in berichtnews:da2e63e0-4903-4dfa-aa04-43eb95f12f36(a)i10g2000yqh.googlegroups.com...
> On May 1, 10:29 am, "Michel Posseth [MCP]" <m...(a)posseth.com> wrote:
>

> > here it is
>
> >http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=90E2942D-3AD...
>
> > install the SP and your problems should be solved
>
> > If i were you i would move to the latest version of Visual studio ( unless
> > you need to maintain framework 1 apps )
>
> > regards
>
> > Michel
>
> > "Michel Posseth [MCP]" <m...(a)posseth.com> schreef in
> > berichtnews:8BBC594B-D128-4C45-99DA-8AA388CFDB9F(a)microsoft.com...
>
> > > Hello Rapulgan ,
>
> > > For the full blown version of Visual studio there was a servicepack wich
> > > solved all Vista related issues with VS 2005 ( servicepack 1)
> > > however i recently installed Visual studio 2010 on my Windows 7 system
> > > and discovered that a lot of anoyances have dissapeared
>
> > > As with VS 2010 i can still target framework 2.0 i do not see anny
> > > reasson
> > > to stick with VS 2008 and have just mooved on ( VS 2010 is my
> > > servicepack
> > > on the 2008 version )
> > > why do you not do the same thing with your express version ?
>
> > > HTH
>
> > > Michel Posseth
>
> > > "ralpugan" <ralpu...(a)ttmail.com> schreef in bericht

> >>Hi Michel,
> >>Thanks for your suggestions, however installing Visual Basic 2005
> >>Express Service Pack 1, and plus Visual Studio 2005 Update For Vista
> >>didn't work. Still a lot of COM controls are missing when you select
> >>"choose items" in Vista.
> >>Isn't there another solution or why is it?
> >>Thanks,
> >>ralpugan
>
> Hello Ralpugan
>
> Well the servicepacks should have resolved the issues that are known to
> break VS 2005
> so i run out of options , do you run VS as an Administrator ? as Vista might
> prevent the access of certain registry values as COM is registred this
> might be the issue
>
> regards
>
> Michel

Hi Michel,

Vista is_the_problem. I read someting about on MSDN forums and a guy
said that the turning UAC on may have helped. And voila! Turning UAC
on worked for now. Missing COM controls came back!. But i want to keep
UAC off, so because of this annoying Vista thing i'm really amazed.

ralpugan