From: ralpugan on
Hi,

I currently have VB 2005 Express on my old Vista PC installed. The
problem is, though i have lots of ActiveX controls registered on the
system, i can only see "Microsoft Office Outlook" controls in Toolbox-
>Choose Items->COM Components. Lots of COM ActiveX controls are
missing. (such as Windows Media Player Control, Shockwave Flash
Control)

Same problem seems reported by user named "MetalTim" on that link:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsreportcontrols/thread/542bca77-9942-4680-8552-af3b17cfe901

I have another PC having VB 2005 Express on XP SP2, no such issue. All
COM components are listed.

Is there a workaround on this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Note: Resetting Toolbox didn't work.
From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
Ralpugan,

May I ask you why you reinstall VB2005 express when VB 2010 Express is free.
You can all versions after 2005 point to framework 2.0

Cor

From: ralpugan on
On Apr 30, 1:38 pm, "Cor Ligthert[MVP]" <Notmyfirstn...(a)planet.nl>
wrote:
> Ralpugan,
>
> May I ask you why you reinstall VB2005 express when VB 2010 Express is free.
> You can all versions after 2005 point to framework 2.0
>
> Cor
>
> "ralpugan" <ralpu...(a)ttmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > I currently have VB 2005 Express on my old Vista PC installed. The
> > problem is, though i have lots of ActiveX controls registered on the
> > system, i can only see "Microsoft Office Outlook" controls in Toolbox-
> >>Choose Items->COM Components. Lots of COM ActiveX controls are
> > missing. (such as Windows Media Player Control, Shockwave Flash
> > Control)
>
> > Same problem seems reported by user named "MetalTim" on that link:
>
> >http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsreportcontrols/thread...
>
> > I have another PC having VB 2005 Express on XP SP2, no such issue. All
> > COM components are listed.
>
> > Is there a workaround on this?
>
> > Any help is appreciated.
>
> > Thanks!
>
> > Note: Resetting Toolbox didn't work.

I didn't re-install. It was already installed before VS 2010 was
released.

However, don't you have any solution about the problem?

Can it be incompatibility between VB 2005 Express (and VS 2005 of
course) and Vista?

Thanks.
From: Michel Posseth [MCP] on

Hello Rapulgan ,

For the full blown version of Visual studio there was a servicepack wich
solved all Vista related issues with VS 2005 ( servicepack 1)
however i recently installed Visual studio 2010 on my Windows 7 system and
discovered that a lot of anoyances have dissapeared

As with VS 2010 i can still target framework 2.0 i do not see anny reasson
to stick with VS 2008 and have just mooved on ( VS 2010 is my servicepack on
the 2008 version )
why do you not do the same thing with your express version ?

HTH

Michel Posseth

"ralpugan" <ralpugan(a)ttmail.com> schreef in bericht

From: Michel Posseth [MCP] on

here it is

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=90E2942D-3AD1-4873-A2EE-4ACC0AACE5B6&displaylang=en

install the SP and your problems should be solved

If i were you i would move to the latest version of Visual studio ( unless
you need to maintain framework 1 apps )

regards

Michel