From: Tom Lake on
I'm running Win 7 64-bit Ultimate on a Studio XPS 9000
with a Core i7 920, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 275, one Samsung
HD103UJ 1 TB hard drive and two Samsung HD501LJ 500 GB
hard drives. My Windows Experience scores are 7.3 and above
for CPU, memory and graphics but the hard drive score is 5.9.
This seems low to me. Does anyone else have the same 1 TB
hard drive? If so, what hard drive score do you get? If it's
higher than 5.9, did you have to tweak settings to get the higher
score? What settings were they? Dell dumbed down the BIOS
so it's totally useless for tweaking timings and such.

Thanks for any input.

Tom Lake
From: Daddy on
Tom Lake wrote:
> I'm running Win 7 64-bit Ultimate on a Studio XPS 9000
> with a Core i7 920, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 275, one Samsung
> HD103UJ 1 TB hard drive and two Samsung HD501LJ 500 GB
> hard drives. My Windows Experience scores are 7.3 and above
> for CPU, memory and graphics but the hard drive score is 5.9. This
> seems low to me. Does anyone else have the same 1 TB
> hard drive? If so, what hard drive score do you get? If it's higher
> than 5.9, did you have to tweak settings to get the higher score? What
> settings were they? Dell dumbed down the BIOS so it's totally useless
> for tweaking timings and such.
>
> Thanks for any input.
>
> Tom Lake

The "dumb" thing, in my opinion, is the Windows Experience Score.

Are you enjoying your new computer? In that case, you're having a good
experience.

Daddy
From: Brian K on
Tom,

The WEI is arranged so you won't get a HD score higher than 5.9 unless you
have a SSD.

From: Ben Myers on
Daddy wrote:
> Tom Lake wrote:
>> I'm running Win 7 64-bit Ultimate on a Studio XPS 9000
>> with a Core i7 920, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 275, one Samsung
>> HD103UJ 1 TB hard drive and two Samsung HD501LJ 500 GB
>> hard drives. My Windows Experience scores are 7.3 and above
>> for CPU, memory and graphics but the hard drive score is 5.9. This
>> seems low to me. Does anyone else have the same 1 TB
>> hard drive? If so, what hard drive score do you get? If it's higher
>> than 5.9, did you have to tweak settings to get the higher score?
>> What settings were they? Dell dumbed down the BIOS so it's totally
>> useless for tweaking timings and such.
>>
>> Thanks for any input.
>>
>> Tom Lake
>
> The "dumb" thing, in my opinion, is the Windows Experience Score.
>
> Are you enjoying your new computer? In that case, you're having a good
> experience.
>
> Daddy

Truth be told! Hear! Hear! ... Ben Myers
From: timdrouillard on
To the OP, as it's already been mentioned, they changed the rating system in
Win 7 to account for the new generation of SSDs and people running RAID0 .

Even with my XPS420 with a 3.0Hg Quad Core Extreme processor, 8gig ram,
GTX195 card and a primary hard drive of a 120gig OCZ Vertex SSD drive, all
my ratings are 7.3 except for the Disk Data transfer rate which scores a 6.9
even with a SSD.

As others have said, as long as you're enjoying the new system, then
benchmarks be damned, ENJOY!!!