From: cabocreolo on
can somebody help me. just upgrated my pc with new motherboard(M848A)
and new processor(2500 sempron). when i switch pc on message comes up
as ( wrong cmos settings/ wrong memory size) and for some reason the
motherboard does not see the ps/2 keyboard and mouse so i can not get
into the bios to change anything.

From: Mike T. on

"cabocreolo" <no(a)spam.invalid> wrote in message
> can somebody help me. just upgrated my pc with new motherboard(M848A)
> and new processor(2500 sempron). when i switch pc on message comes up
> as ( wrong cmos settings/ wrong memory size) and for some reason the
> motherboard does not see the ps/2 keyboard and mouse so i can not get
> into the bios to change anything.

You've got a defective motherboard. That's not surprising at all,
considering that it is made by pcchips, which has a terrible reputation for
reliability. There is no help for that other than to replace the
motherboard with a different brand of motherboard. I think the following
should work fine. -Dave

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?SCriteria=BA19905

From: "dawg" <don't on
Maybe you can go in to the BIOS and set it to default or failsafe. But it
doesn't look good.

From: GTS on

"cabocreolo" <no(a)spam.invalid> wrote in message
> can somebody help me. just upgrated my pc with new motherboard(M848A)
> and new processor(2500 sempron). when i switch pc on message comes up
> as ( wrong cmos settings/ wrong memory size) and for some reason the
> motherboard does not see the ps/2 keyboard and mouse so i can not get
> into the bios to change anything.

These ECS boards are well known to have bios checksum error when you first
boot them - usually you just go into the BIOS and set optimal defaults and
all is fine. However they are more famous for being very fussy about memory
chips - Samsung chips for example will often prevent booting. I would try to
borrow some different memory to try on the board before you chuck it out the
window. Crucial PC3200 works fine.
P.S. Stating the obvious I know, but make sure keyboard and mouse PS/2 plugs
are the right way round!
Good forum for PC chips / ECS motherboard support is:
http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q3998142-bin/cgi-bin/ibrd/ikonboard.cgi