From: Shalmali on
Hello,
I am trying to execute a '.jar' runnable from MATLAB (R2008b). In this file, at points where RealMatrix classes are defined, MATLAB somehow does not let me do operations like multiply or transpose on them (inside the jar file itself). I get the following error:
??? Java exception occurred:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.commons.math.linear.MatrixUtils.checkMultiplicationCompatible(Lorg/apache/commons/math/linear/AnyMatrix;Lorg/apache/commons/math/linear/AnyMatrix;)V

at org.apache.commons.math.linear.Array2DRowRealMatrix.multiply(Array2DRowRealMatrix.java:271)

at org.apache.commons.math.linear.Array2DRowRealMatrix.multiply(Array2DRowRealMatrix.java:254)
...and some more lines but they just point at the exact line in my code. The matrices are defined as RealMatrix
The JVM being used is:

Java 1.6.0_20 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM mixed mode.

I also do not know what Lorg/apache is. I am aware of org/apache/commons...

If someone can let me know what might be the reason for this, it will be great. Also, if there is a work-around for such cases, I would like to be aware of some. If this requires more specific details, I will be glad to provide them.

Thank You.

Regards,
Shal