From: Patrick on
I have a stand-alone exe made with MATLAB R2009b and Windows XP SP2.
This ran successfully in Window XP, but failed to run in Windows 7.

I installed MCR v711 on the Windows 7 computer.
When I ran the .exe, I got the error (read in cmd window):

Fatal error loading library C:\Program files <x86>\..\v711\bin\win32\mclmcr.dll
Error: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

Please help.
From: Sean on
> Fatal error loading library C:\Program files <x86>\..\v711\bin\win32\mclmcr.dll
> Error: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

I had this same problem, and what fixed it was installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable.

-Sean