From: Rafael on
I have an MDI parent form with a panel. If I create an MDI child form and,
at runtime, move the MDI child window over the panel on the MDI parent, the
panel appears in front of the MDI child window.
How can I make the MDI child window appear in front of any controls that may
be on the MDI parent?
Detail my panel can not be docked. And it needs to be centered in the MDI
parent.
Can anyone help?

thanks ...

__________ Informa��o do ESET NOD32 Antivirus, vers�o da vacina 4919 (20100305) __________

A mensagem foi verificada pelo ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

From: Family Tree Mike on
On 3/6/2010 6:44 AM, Rafael wrote:
> I have an MDI parent form with a panel. If I create an MDI child form
> and, at runtime, move the MDI child window over the panel on the MDI
> parent, the panel appears in front of the MDI child window.
> How can I make the MDI child window appear in front of any controls that
> may be on the MDI parent?
> Detail my panel can not be docked. And it needs to be centered in the
> MDI parent.
> Can anyone help?
>
> thanks ...
>
> __________ Informa��o do ESET NOD32 Antivirus, vers�o da vacina 4919
> (20100305) __________
>
> A mensagem foi verificada pelo ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>
> http://www.eset.com

It sounds as if you are not setting the MdiParent property of the child
window to the main MDI container window.

You talk about dockable windows, which is different from MDI. MDI
windows are free floating within the container application window.
Something like MS Access.

--
Mike
From: Rafael on
hello,

My MDI form have a panel. Inside of panel have a textbox and a button.
And in click event of button have this code:

Public Class MDIParent1

System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Form1.MdiParent = Me
Form1.Show()
End Sub
End Class

__________ Informa��o do ESET NOD32 Antivirus, vers�o da vacina 4924 (20100308) __________

From: Armin Zingler on
Am 06.03.2010 12:44, schrieb Rafael:
> I have an MDI parent form with a panel. If I create an MDI child form and,
> at runtime, move the MDI child window over the panel on the MDI parent, the
> panel appears in front of the MDI child window.
> How can I make the MDI child window appear in front of any controls that may
> be on the MDI parent?
> Detail my panel can not be docked. And it needs to be centered in the MDI
> parent.
> Can anyone help?

If the panel is not docked, it will be in front of any MDI child.
The MDI client area (containg the MDI child windows) is only reduced by docked
controls.

--
Armin