From: Nathan Sokalski on
I have two projects in the same Solution, one of which is a Web Application,
the other of which is a Class Library. When debugging, if I put a breakpoint
in the Web Application, it stops there when it should, but the debugger
refuses to stop at the breakpoints in the Class Library. Is there something
special I need to do when debugging a Class Library while using it in a Web
Application? Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski(a)hotmail.com

From: Scott M. on

"Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalski(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have two projects in the same Solution, one of which is a Web
>Application, the other of which is a Class Library. When debugging, if I
>put a breakpoint in the Web Application, it stops there when it should, but
>the debugger refuses to stop at the breakpoints in the Class Library. Is
>there something special I need to do when debugging a Class Library while
>using it in a Web Application? Thanks.

Yes, place another breakpoint in the Class Library code at whatever the
entry points are.

-Scott

From: Nathan Sokalski on
What would the entry point be? The specific class in the Class Library that
I am trying to debug inherits from System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image, and my
breakpoint is in an override of the Render method. I would think the entry
point would be the tag in the *.aspx file, but that obviously isn't right,
since breakpoints aren't allowed in *.aspx files. Where do I need to put the
additional breakpoint? Thanks.

From: Mr. Arnold on
Nathan Sokalski wrote:
> I have two projects in the same Solution, one of which is a Web
> Application, the other of which is a Class Library. When debugging, if I
> put a breakpoint in the Web Application, it stops there when it should,
> but the debugger refuses to stop at the breakpoints in the Class
> Library. Is there something special I need to do when debugging a Class
> Library while using it in a Web Application? Thanks.

You can break at the line in the codebehind file that calls the methods
in the classlib project. You single step into the project's method and
from there it should stop at a breakpoint that has been set.
From: Nathan Sokalski on
The Class Library is a library of controls, so there is no line in the
codebehind that calls it, because it is called from the *.aspx file as
controls.