From: rakesh sahoo rakesh on
Hi Team,

I was eagarly waiting for the release of MDT2010 and here it is. I am
testing this tool out as I dont want to go back to BDD 2007 and MDT 2008. We
have to set up MDT 2010 in our client site, so in the meantime I was doing as
much as testing possible with the new kid in the block (MDT 2010). We are
using Windows XP in our client environment. I did some initial testing by
deploying windows XP OEM by using MDT and WDS, customizing task sequences,
here are some of my roadblocks

1. As maximum workstations out there in client are SATA machines we have to
inject Mass storage drivers into XP to make the image compatible. I followed
the steps as per Ben in this blog entry
http://blogs.technet.com/benhunter/archive/2007/07/12/bdd-2007-integrating-mass-storage-drivers-into-your-xp-image.aspx .

Updated the SYSPrep accordingly. I wanted to create a custom XP image by XP
SP2 source and chose the SYSPREP and CAPTURE task sequence.

I updated the deploymentshare and created a boot image by using WDS as
always, but when I PXE booted the refrence machine the system booted and
started up the Lite touch process, this is what i got ZTI ERROR - Unhandled
error returned by LTISysprep: The system cannot find the path specified with
some error codes.

I thought it may be hardware isssue so I changed the refrence machine but no
gain. With no other way I thought may be my SYSPrep syntax is incorrect, I
went back to the default systax which is created when you configure a task
sequence and updated the share and WDS boot image> Again when i PXE booted,

I was shocked, same error - where I went wrong ,

Same results in different other workstations - please help me out

Also I have another query

2.The Lite Touch Process is on process and suddenly if I stop the process or
an error is occured, is there any error dump(logs) is getting created in the
refernce machine,? if yes then how to take out these from the reference
machine, becuase the instance stays there even if you are doing a separate
fresh deployment and stops the deployment by throwing errors.

Please help me out.
From: Leonard Grey on
What is your question about Windows XP?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

From: Al on
LTI (Lite touch) and ZTI re two different methods - have you interjected
both processes?