From: suzq on
As a download begins to install, the box for windows installer shows this
message: "This installation has failed (error OX80041f09). Contact
administrator."
I am the administrator on this home pc.
Have been through all of the info on the windows installer help site.
Cannot resolve so cannot download new version.

Along same line, my hp printer, photosmart C6100, cannot print from pc, on
or offline. This is message that pops up when I hit print: "InternalExplorer
Script Error Line: 2032 Char: 1 Error: unspecified error Code: 0 Url:
res://ieframe.dll/preview.js Do you want to continue running scripts on this
page [yes or no box]"
It doesn't matter which one I check, nothing will print.
I can print a test page.

Using Windows XP SP3 w. Windows IE8
Any help is greatly appreciated.

newhere~thx
From: 1PW on
suzq wrote:
> As a download begins to install, the box for windows installer shows this
> message: "This installation has failed (error OX80041f09). Contact
> administrator."

Is it much more likely that the error you meant to transcribe is:

0x80041f09 versus OX80041f09? (note difference in the 1st character)

Try a Google search on the error code you /did/ receive.

> I am the administrator on this home pc.
> Have been through all of the info on the windows installer help site.
> Cannot resolve so cannot download new version.

Exactly what application were you trying to install? Be precise.

--
1PW
From: suzq on
Yes, a typo there...also in the printer error message 'Internet Explorer
script error...'
Will try Google search.
--
newhere~thx

From: suzq on
Thank You "1PW"...found that error posted by Sophos on Google...and even
more, it worked for complete installation!
So happy problem with Windows Installer is RESOLVED.

Will now try to Google the printer error as well.
--
newhere~thx

From: 1PW on
suzq wrote:
> Thank You "1PW"...found that error posted by Sophos on Google...and even
> more, it worked for complete installation!
> So happy problem with Windows Installer is RESOLVED.

Excellent