From: Gaberhamlinkoln on
Hello All,

I'm having a problem using MDT 2010 to deploy WinXP. The problem i'm having
is the MDT LTI wizard does not seem to be updating the image with the info
i'm entering. E.G it does not seem to be adding the computer name or
joining the machine to the domain.

I was able to create a win7 x86 & 64 bit image with MDT but XP does not seem
to work correctly.

So far this is what i have done.

Installed MDT, Added all the neccarry drivers and the Dell driver.cab.
Added the XP SP3 source files to the operating systems, and created the
boot.wim files, and added to WDS. Created a task to create a reference XP
computer, Configured the Ref computer the way it needs to be. Create a
sysprep and capture task with the XPsp3 source. Ran the capture wizard,
seems to run fine no failure.

Created a standard deployment task with the captured XP image.

I'm able to deploy the image successfully to a test computer and VM
workstation, but the computer name is the same as what the ref computer was,
and it does not seem to be joining to the domain.

I'm thinking there is either a problem with the sysprep process or the LTI
wizard not sure witch. In my attempt to troubleshoot the problem I have
added the domain i would like to the computer to join and credentials to the
Sysprep.ini and reverted my image back to to a previous snap shot and tried
to run the sysprep and capture task again. No go same problem

After that i tried to add the domain and credentials to the unattended.xml
file no go either. I'm at a loss here and could sure use some expert advice,
any help would be appreciated.

Gabe
From: jimmyca on
Hi

Im getting same problem, W7 is fine but XP custom wim i captured, when
deployed ignores all the LTI settings.

Anyone got any more info on this?